Chapter 15 " I have a normal ............ step brother "

"okay good night," he says walking towards my door
" Wait ... I'm drunk don't you want to " I start to growp my boobs over my dress.
" No... No matter how badly I want to" he keeps waking away
" Wait lip "
"What clover," he says tiredly
" Kiss me ... I promise I won't do anything I just want a kiss while I'm drunk and my stupid brain doesn't get in the way" he doesn't say anything but turns around and walks over to me, and then so gently he kisses me on my forehead.
" Hey, that's not...... " He pressed his finger to my mouth.
" Shhh..... Goodnight clover" He whispers.

7:00 am alarm goes off and my head starts to pound, I expect to find shirtless lip sleeping next to me but no one was there. I get up and walk to the bathroom but stop in front of lips room, he is sitting on his bed with a smoke in his mouth and reading a book.

" Hey," he says looking up at me from his book, I stare at him for a moment taking in his image of a smart high school kid who doesn't give a shit. I take a deep inhale and walk away into the bathroom. I start the shower with hot water running. All I can think of is what is his end game Because at first, he wanted me right? I take my dress off from the night before and my stocking, and then he didn't want me after I said I had a date but maybe he still does and he's just trying not to show it which makes no sense. I hop into the shower and let the burning water surround me. What really makes me mad is that I can't stop thinking about him and I bet that's what he wants, I hear the door squeak open a little bit and roll my eyes.

" Hey, you in the shower" I hear lip say. I don't say anything out of pure annoyance, and I hear him walk into the bathroom.

" your mom and my dad called ... they said they are having a good time" I don't say anything for a second.

"clover ..."

"cool I'm happy they are having fun," I say with a straight face ( not that he can see it)

" clover ... are you okay," he says in a weird tone.

" mmhhmm" I hum not wanting to even really talk to him. He doesn't say anything for a second and I'm wondering if he left or not.

" you know you can talk to me clover ... I'm all ears " I snort at him and start to wash my hair.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me .... so either you tell me or your coming out naked and wet and I might of hid the towels" I could tell he has a smile on his face but I keep washing my hair and pretend he isn't there.

" did Ted say something to you last night" he continues, getting madder I roll my eyes.

" He said we looked really good together" I start to wash my body.

" oh is that bad" His voice sounds so serious and it annoys me that I like it ....a lot.

" no, but do you know what is bad.... is when you wanted me three days ago but you don't want me now" there was silence and I hoped that he left so I wouldn't have embarrassed myself.

"so what your saying is you've been thinking about me and you're mad I didn't give you special attention at the party?" he starts to laugh.

" no you thick skull of a stepbrother ... I'm getting out no matter what " I stop the shower and try to shake myself off. I open the curtains and he hands me a towel trying not to look at me.

" id read more if I were you" and I walk away into my room. I can hear him walk after me, I take my towel off my body and wrap it around my head and put a sweater on and some ripped up black jeans. I go to put my hair in pig braids.

" why do you think I don't care about you anymore" he storms into my room.

" I don't care if you don't care about me anymore... I'm tired of resisting so this makes it easier plus....... for the past two night I've wakened up alone and your somewhere else". I do the rest of my hair and throw my wet towel in the dirty hamper. we stare at each other or a minute or so.

" you don't have to care, I'm not trying it put my shit on you because you're the first nice ... hot guy I've met here I'm just confused I guess".

"every time I wake up next to you in your bed you've told me to get out... so why when I stop ,you get mad at me ....it's like I'm supposed to read your stupid mind and I'm not a mind reader clover duh you've told me I'm a thick skull ....." he stopped talking and sat on my bed, he went for my hand and I let him take it.

" I have one question," I say to him, I look at our hand's interwind

" Okay, " he says smiling

" why didn't you kiss me last night," I say now looking into his blue eyes.

" I did, " he says confused

" no, I don't mean my forehead why didn't you kiss me on my lips before my mind could make a decision," I say a little annoyed now.

" the truth is you were drunk off of 2 beers and our first kiss didn't go the greatest I didn't want our second one to be you drunk and me sober" he smiles at me again and I don't know what to say at this point. I keep looking in to his eye's. I look away from him and his blue eyes.
" Your not ready ..." He whispers.
" What ?" I say confused looking back at him.
" You thought about kissing me but your just not ready " I don't say anything and we just look at each other. I break the stare.
" I need to do my art project so could you ..." I wave at the door and get my laptop out.
I don't look at him again but can feel him move off of my bed.