The Not So Perfect Timing ❁

Start from the beginning

"Don't go." He murmured with his eyes still closed.

My lips formed into a small smile at how gentle he spoke, he even looked vulnerable.

"Baek, I'll go make us dinner. I'll be right back, I promise." I replied, assuring him.

"M'kay." He mumbled as he eventually let go of my hand.

I went straight to the kitchen and started to prepare for dinner. I made another serving of soup for him since he couldn't really eat just any type of food due to his condition. It took me about thirty minutes to finish cooking. I took the food to the living room, woke him up so he could start eating. At first, he told me that he didn't really feel like eating but I insisted. We both sat on the couch facing each other as I feed him. Right after eating, I asked him to take the medicine, which he did without hesitation.

It was almost eight when we decided to go back to his room. We just got inside and I was currently helping him sit comfortably on the bed. He closed his eyes as soon as he was able to rest his head against the headboard.

I sat next to him for a while and just stared at him as I wondered if he often had to deal with something like this all by himself. Then I recalled what Ara said to him a while ago about being the one to take care of him again.

"What is it Baby?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I was a bit frazzled for a moment, wondering if I was that obvious. But then again, maybe I was or else he wouldn't ask.

"I was just wondering..." I trailed off as I thought of another thing so we wouldn't have to touch on anything related to Ara.

I saw how his tired eyes met mine as he waited for my answer.

"Where's your guest room?" I blurted, all of a sudden.

His eyes grew wide, staring at me incredulously like I just said the most ridiculous think ever.

"Is this another attempt of you being funny?" He asked in a mild tone.

I blinked my eyes twice and just waited for him to speak one more time because I didn't have any other excuse as to why my creative mind came up with such question.

"No one's sleeping in the guest room." He stated before he coughed.

"B-but I'm a guest here..." I stuttered as I got off the bed. "I should sleep in the guest room." I reasoned out.

He cleared his throat before talking. "No man in his sane mind would let her girlfriend sleep in the guest room when she comes over."

So, I guess we'd end up sharing the same bed again tonight. I should've really seen this coming right? Why did I feel even surprised about the thought?

"C'mon baby, stop making my head hurt even more and just come here."

I didn't move and bit my lower lip.

"Wait." He said looking as if he just remembered something. "Are you scared of me or something?"

"What?" I muttered as he caught me off guard.

"Are you scared that we might do it?" He asked, putting emphasis on his last two words.

I instantly blushed. Hard.

"What are you talking about Byun Baekhyun?" I asked, letting out of a nervous laugh as I silently prayed that he would just drop the topic immediately.

Well, he didn't say anything else. He just continued to look at me but there was an absolute doubt written all over his face. So, I made a move to climb on the bed and sat next to him, desperately wanting him to just forget about what I just said. For some reasons, I couldn't look at him straight in the eye because there was something about the way he looked at me.