30

XXX
The Mark

It's dinner time by the time Jaejin and I leave my bedroom

It's dinner time by the time Jaejin and I leave my bedroom. It took two more rounds and me sucking off Jaejin to finally get him to leave. Even then, I had to force him to put clothes on. I was hungry and so was he. Although, I was hungry for food. I had pulled a black tunic on, red trousers, and a pair of black socks. I didn't care to put on any shoes, and walked out of the door with Jaejin. He wore a green tunic and black trousers, along with a pair of my red socks. We walked down the stairs, hand in hand. They all just sat down for dinner and Nova of course, is the first one to notice us. Except her smile is wide and spreads across her face.

"I wasn't sure that you knew there were other rooms other than your own." Nova says with a smirk which has Orion looking up from his meal with a smile on his face.

"Nice mark." He snickers and I only laugh at him. Jaejin doesn't seem to care though. We sit down next to each other at the dining room table. Zsoka is smiling at us and grabbing a ladle, filling our bowls with mushroom soup. I can smell the mushrooms and cream from across the table from the big dutch oven that is sitting in the middle of the table. It's served with a slice of bread for dipping, and she pours us a white wine to pair with dinner. I grab my soup spoon, dipping it into the soup and taking a sip from my spoon. It's delicious, tastes like winter nights and I love every bite that I take. I dip my bread into the cream colored broth and moan when I take a bite of the bread.

"At least you aren't moaning as loud-" Nova starts but Lucijan glares at her which makes her shut up.

"Congratulations on your complete Mating bond," My father says with a small smile, "Hopefully we get to see your ceremony soon, maybe you can make it a two day thing, Prince Jaejin. Your mating ceremony one night, then you and Prince Pluto's coronation on the Throne the next day." Choking, coughing. That's what I am doing since my father wants to look so damn much into the future. I clear my throat and swallow the tiny mushroom bit that just tried to kill me. Jaejin pats my back and I glare up at my father.

"Trying to kill me, my King?" I snapped at my father and my father just chuckled softly at me.

"It is true though. Once Father tells the others at the meeting that you are his son, King Minjun isn't going to be happy. He's going to think that King Kardos sent his boy over to his Kingdom on purpose, are you good at your defensive training?" Orion asked me and it was in Embery but my Mate was smart. His head turned to Orion and then to me but I tightened my jaw. I was his Mate but also a Prince to this very court.

"He can't hurt me, not anymore," I point to the mark on my neck, "Not unless he wants his own temper turned against him."

"My father will not hurt him, do not put lies into his head." Jaejin snaps in fast, draconei and it makes me flinch. He doesn't know that, even if that's his father. The Cha temper is not something you just guess about. My grandmother didn't think a Cha would turn on her due to her relationship to his first Mate but that didn't even save her Kingdom. My mother suffered the consequences of when you cross a Cha when it comes to his family. My father doubted how far that temper went, and I tamed it. That's how his father would see it.

"He won't believe us, will he?" I ask my siblings and don't change from draconei so Jaejin can pitch into our conversation. Jaejin grabs my hand and opens his mouth to speak but I'm quicker, "He will think I am using Jae to my advantage to get my father a treaty for the Kingdom, and will only believe it when his son tells him." I confess and it takes my breath away as I comprehend my statement.

"Pluto-" Jaejin starts but then Lucijan speaks next.

"He might, he might not, Pluto. We will have to find out tomorrow. Your Mate will leave tonight so he doesn't get in trouble with his parents. So to help him pack, I made sure that King Rurik was coming to get him. He'll be here at sunset, which is an hour from now." He explains and I nod slowly. Jaejin and I finish eating, I head to the bedroom he's been in for the past week. It's hard to believe it's only been a week since Jaejin has come to Red Blaze but my father is right, I will see Jaejin tomorrow along with the rest of the Eclia Royal Families.

"Your father should bring your outfit, right?" I ask Jaejin as I watch him pack his suitcase along with a duffel backpack.

"My mother said she would send it so it should be there. Pluto, what the hell? You wanna talk about my outfit?" He snapped at me, resting his hands on the footboard of the bed. I sigh heavily and stand up, hugging Jaejin from behind.

"No, but, this is our life, JJ. We have to talk about all the possibilities that could happen when I am your Mate, and a Prince to my father's throne," I explain to him in his language and he huffs, he understands but it's not like he likes what I am saying. "It was much easier when I was just a general's son but that's only part of who I am. I'm a Prince too, and I know this doesn't make it easier on either of us-"

"No, you're right. We need to have this conversation," He sighs and turns around, hugging me, letting me rest my head on his shoulder. "Say my father does attack, you will defend yourself in any way possible if I can't get to you first, you understand me?" He asks, he brings his hands to cup my cheeks as he stares at my blue eyes. He scans them as he looks for an answer.

"Jae-"

"Pyro," He snapped, "You are my lifeline. You are the other half of my soul, my moon, and the fire that keeps me alive. You will kill or hurt him if he tries first, do you understand me, maitalea?" There he goes again, using Mate on me again but he's right.

"I understand." I say softly and he nods, exhaling a deep breath as if he had been holding his breath, listening to every count of my heart, and waiting for my response. He kisses me, massaging his lips with my own, and slants his head to the side to deepen the kiss with me. I grab his waist as he takes claim over my mouth and when he pulls away from me, his lips are red.

"I love you, Pluto Kardos. No one and nothing will change that. Written in the stars, remember?" The corner of my lips turn upward into a smirk.

"I thought you said you would rearrange them for me, Mr. Cha." Jaejin's lips turn into a grin and I hold my breath, listening to every word he says next.

"I have already. This Mark proves it, doesn't it? Not my father, not my Court, and especially the other Heirs to the throne will not take you away from me, Mr. Kardos; not unless they want to see a front row seat to the temper that has been in my veins from birth, they will truly see the extent of how I would destroy this world for only you, Pluto."