19

XIX
Family Bonding

"Gross, Orion! I am not popping your damn ass pimple

"Gross, Orion! I am not popping your damn ass pimple." If you told me this morning that the three of us siblings would be bored out of our minds, I would've told you that there's no way that I could be bored with my sibling's trauma stories. Well now, Orion has a pimple on his ass cheek that hurts him and is trying to get me or Nova to pop it. I told him no and Nova is now thinking about it.

"You're telling me that you don't want to help your older brother?" Orion asks and I sigh heavily.

"I am telling you with all the love that I have for you, that if you put your pale ass in my face that I am going to put my foot up it while it's in my face, Orion." I deadpan my brother and he pouts, Ixen Sventar actually pouts at me. I couldn't help the laugh that leaves my lips. We are currently in Orion's room and strangely, it doesn't look as horrid as one might think. His room is mainly a mocha brown and has the most basic shit in here. It smells of cinnamon and cloves which is exactly how my older brother smells like. His comforter is brown and he has silk sheets. He has 5 pillows on his bed and his bed looks like 2 other people could sleep on it comfortably. He has darkening curtains, and the only light that's in here is the two curtains he pushed aside to the sides of his windows. He has an ottoman, a brown leather sectional, and a box tv on top of his dresser. I don't remember the last time I watched TV, it only broadcasted the local news. Our phones were touchscreen but they only had service within your Kingdom, you couldn't speak to others outside of your Kingdom unless one, you sent a letter, or two, you went to go see them. We have planes and cars, especially for those who can't fly a dragon.

"C'mere, you big baby. I'll pop your pimple, lay down on the ottoman." Nova deeply sighs and I roll my eyes. My brother actually listens to my sister and lays face down on the ottoman, my sister pulls his trousers down where they rest underneath his butt. I groan and rub my hands over my face.

"Will you just pop his pimply ass already? I do not want to see Orion's ass more than I already have to." I snap at the both of them and my sister uses her two thumbs to pop his very angry looking pimple. That's when the unthinkable happens. First, my sister pops the pimple. Second, my father, the King, walks in. Third, Orion is still face down on the ottoman with his pale ass still in view to the public.

"Why is Orion's ass out?" My father blurts out and that's when I absolutely lose it. I clutch my stomach as I laugh, roaring with laughter as my siblings do the same. Nova is clutching her side and my brother's body is shaking with laughter.

"Orion.. had.. a... pimple." Nova says through her laughter and I smile at my father who is currently pinching the bride of his nose.

"Orion, I wiped your ass enough to last me a lifetime, so please put it up," My father sighs and he does just that before standing up. "Also, kiddos, go grab the picnic bag from Zsoka in the kitchen. I'm taking all three of you somewhere for lunch." My father instructs us and we all just listen to him. "Get Kos, Charys, Nyíl, and Kígyó ready for a flight." Then my father leaves the room and shuts the door with a click behind him. Again, we laugh. Then we listened to our father. Nova was the one to grab the picnic baskets from my mother in the kitchen. Orion and I decided to go down to the stables so we could get all of the Dragons for a ride. My brother was going to get Kos and Nyíl, I was to get Charys and Kígyó. I went to grab Charys, the only Silver dragon riding with the other Red dragons. I opened her stable, mounting her with Nova's riding gear that she liked. I guided her out to the pasture and let her stand out there with Kos. I go grab Kígyó and whistle, getting her dressed up in my saddle and along with other adjustments I had made to our riding gear. I walk her out to the pasture, where the other three dragons are standing. Kos looks slightly annoyed as the ground shakes because the moment that my dragon gets out of the stables, she and Nyíl start to play like overgrown puppies. I only roll my eyes at the younger dragons and I see Orion laughing at both of them. Nova and Lucijan come down to the stables not much longer and Kos is the one to growl a warning to the younger ones.

"So where are we going old man?" My brother is the first one to ask him, as we all put our flying gear on.

"And do I need my fur-lined stuff?" I ask my brother and my father is strapping knives to his arm on his flying armor.

"It's about two hours from here, it's a special place that I would like to take you guys. Just follow me. It's not near the mountain, you shouldn't need gloves, Pluto." My father explains before placing his riding helmet on his head, it's made of black steel and red dragon scales. My sister is silver dragon scales with silver steel. My brother's helmet is red dragon scales but with white steel. I place my helmet on top of my head and I'm the last one to mount my dragon. We watch my father, and although you can't see anything but his eyes, I know my father is smiling when he exclaims, "Hegan!"

 We watch my father, and although you can't see anything but his eyes, I know my father is smiling when he exclaims, "Hegan!"

"Over here!" My father exclaims over the sound of flapping wings. I look down at where he wants to land, it's a woodland forest but what amazes me is the hiding lake in the middle of the forest that has a waterfall.

"Baso forma." Forest form is what I tell my dragon, and she huffs in agreement. She tucks in her wings tight, we find a clearing to land, it looks like it's been worn down over the years. I landed first, my brother second, then Nova, and finally, my father. Kígyó is following behind me as there is a little clearing right next to the small lake for us to have the picnic. My father grabs sticks, making a little fire pit. He grabs sticks for us to cook our food over the fire.

"One of you guys, light the fire." My father says before grabbing the picnic sack off Kos and Charys. He places the blanket on the floor, opening the cold dishes that will go with the fish that Zsoka sent us with. I look at my brother and he's the one with the snap of his fingers to light the fire. Total control over the fire that runs through his blood.

"How come I've never seen you use your fire, father?" I ask him and he stills, he slowly puts out the drinks and then comes across the whitefish that we will be roasting over the fire. There's some leftover bread and rice from the Castle that I'm sure we will have with the fish.

"All I can do is heat up stuff with my hand, I burnt most of my magic when I brainwashed you all. Karma." He says softly and then he cleans the fish, he throws an actual fish to our dragons every once in a while. Kígyó seems to like my father with all the fish he is giving her.

"You mean, you can't even light a spark?" I ask my father and he nods.

"Enough of that. Let's eat, my little Embers." My father smiles, he hands out some ceramic plates, putting fish on our plates with some cucumber salad, a classic in Embery as well, along with some white rice, and a slice of toasted bread.

"So why here?" I ask my dad as we all dig into our food. I look over just in time for Charys to jump in the lake, splashing Kos in the process who just shakes off the water that he just got splashed with. Nyíl is lounging in the grass, laying on his side, his back legs resting to the side and he rests his front arms across each other. His wings rest comfortably but still being held up strong.

"This was our secret spot when our duties were too much. Your mother loved to fly Charys here especially when she was pregnant. When she was pregnant with Orion, she got on bedrest. Then the same thing with Nova and Pluto. She loved being pregnant, if it was up to her, you all would have two more siblings. Your mother is kind, an excellent dragon rider, and the love of my life." My father says as he tells us about our mother who is now a shell of the person she used to be.

"You never talk about her. Why is that?"

"What man openly admits that it was his entire fault for losing his very reason to breathe? What man openly likes to openly speak about how he failed his family, in every way possible?"