4

IV
Memories

I woke up with a killer headache

I woke up with a killer headache. What the hell did I drink last night? As I thought about it, all the memories came flashing into my mind like a movie. I brought my right hand up, looking at my healing scar. I had a dragon now, not any type of dragon either, a Red dragon. I looked around my surroundings and noticed I was in a bedroom.

The bed was comfortable to say the least, it looked newly remodeled. It had burgundy walls, turquoise furniture, including the headboard. A chandelier hung from the ceiling and gold accents throughout the room. There was a couch on my left side up against the wall, a few chairs here and there. A coffee table and two bedside tables. When I heard the knock, I ushered a come in and I was not expecting to see who I did.

"Queen Kardos," I said, sounding like a idiot, "I wasn't expecting you."

"And why is that? I'm your mother, I just wanted to make sure you were feeling better," She said, "And you don't have to call me mom but at least call me Astraea."

"How long have I been out and who's room did I take?" I asked him, ignoring the mom comment, again.

"This is a guest bedroom. Your room still has all your toddler things in it. I figured you'd want to remodel it once you came back," She sounded so exposed, "I can take you to your room and you can think about what you want to do with it." She suggested and I thought about it, it was just a room and maybe it would give me back some of my memories that he wiped clean.

"Give me an hour. I need a shower." I told her and she left my room, closing the door behind her. I rubbed my hands over my face, groaning into them. I told myself I would be strong and stay in that rental house because I could not betray my father like that. Astraea and Lucijan didn't raise me but it was a room, I could set it up as an office for now. Or maybe- I just needed to shower before I went down a spiral of thoughts that I wouldn't be able to get out of.

The warm water hit my back and I bit back a groan. My back was still sore from falling flat on it after connecting. Kígyó is her name, it seemed to roll off my tongue like it was a missing puzzle piece I've been looking for my entire life. I washed my hair, my face, and my body. After twenty minutes, I decided to get out. I dried myself off and combed my hair. I didn't care to dry it, I'll let it air dry.

I found some clothing in the dresser and pulled everything on. I found what seemed to be fighting leathers so I pulled on the entire outfit. It had seemed to have thigh harnesses for daggers, small harnesses all on the leathers to put your weapons, I found the boots to match, pulling those on as well. I looked in the mirror and almost didn't recognize who I was looking at. Who was I looking at? They were black leathers but they had blood-red trim throughout the entire outfit, including the boots.

Going out in this would mean... I'm declaring myself as the lost Prince, as Lucijan Kardos' son, as THE Pluto Zorán Kardos. I wasn't sure if I was ready for that or if my heart was ready for that. I took a deep sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose, take a deep breath and do it already. This wasn't betraying my father, this was taking hold of my birthright, and partially using my birthright. Now, I don't know if I could forgive them both so easily but that doesn't mean I couldn't take baby steps with them. I heard a knock on my door and opened it, it was my fath- Lucijan. I saw those blue eyes fill with tears and then a solid wall go over those ocean eyes.