22

XXII
Of The Past

Jaejin

October 21, 5014, was the first high school party that I held at the Castle of Acid, and wouldn't be the last

October 21, 5014, was the first high school party that I held at the Castle of Acid, and wouldn't be the last. In exactly two months, I would be turning 15. I was a pretty attractive kid at my age, I wasn't going to lie. No pimples, no glasses, and of course, my perfect smile. I remember the party like it was yesterday, because Pluto in front of my eyes had become this nerdy best friend of mine to this hot nerd of mine. His teeth had no more braces, no more black and green bands on his white teeth. His straight teeth smile had nearly killed me. The way sparks seem to fly when Pluto Kwon smiles at me. He no longer wore black frames on his face but contacts he told me. I could see his blue eyes perfectly now and I didn't know how much time passed before I could stop staring at him. My father, the King, was going to a security meeting with the Baingani Storm Kingdom, he was going to the castle to meet with the Naidu Royal family. He took my mother, the Queen, his High General, Pluto's father, and Pluto's mother along with some other Generals of his. He had told me that next year that I would be joining him along with Pluto. Pluto is expected to follow in his father's footsteps as I will as well. When we were going to start spin the bottle, I couldn't find Pluto so I went to the bathroom, a nervous tick of his to always splash cold water on his face. I really didn't care to throw a party but my friends had told me that I had to, that this was a great way to get my first kiss. I just shrugged and said okay. My parents were surprisingly okay with it but I think that's because Pluto would be here as well.

"Pluto, c'mon! We're gonna play a game." I tell him from the other side of the door and turn around to walk to the kitchen when he comes out. There's an empty wine bottle on the table and everybody is standing around like the horny teenagers we are. I noticed the couple that leaves to have sex, Olivia Kang had kissed someone else but I didn't really care. By the time it's my turn, there's only five people and they are really nobodies compared to Pluto. With a quick flick of my wrist, I spin the wine bottle and it lands right on him. Pluto believed I was tipsy but the truth was, I hadn't drank anything just in case someone tried to hurt him while they thought I was drunk. I wasn't going to trust anybody with him. The other five people had left and didn't really care to see if I was going to kiss Pluto Kwon or not but I was okay with that. I smiled at him and I saw him relax just with my smile. I grabbed the back of his neck and watched his blue eyes widen in surprise. He didn't think I would kiss him but Pluto was forsure mistaken if he didn't think I didn't wonder what he tasted like. If his lips are as soft as they look, or if they taste like the vanilla chapstick he puts on all the time.

"JJ, what are you doing? What if your father-"

"I don't care what my father says, Pluto. Now give me, my spin the bottle kiss." I demanded of him and I could see that fire in his eyes. I cupped the back of his head and wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling both of our chests together. My brown eyes look into those ocean blue eyes. I watched him place those hands on my chest and I took his lips in a kiss. I deepened that kiss and didn't care if anybody saw. His lips were nothing like that chapstick but of him, they were soft as a cloud, and I didn't want to stop. I lick his bottom lip and taste Pluto's mouth like I was starving. He tastes of that cheap wine downstairs and I can't seem to stop fighting his tongue, while also tasting the very mouth that haunts me. When he pulls away from me, blue eyes wide in surprise, it makes me just realize how much I never want to stop kissing Pluto Kwon.