Circumstances 🙎‍♀️🙎‍♀️

Pete's POV

I wouldn't blame him. Whenever I got busy at the hotel it was the same although not as much. Being an adult came with responsibilities and I would not be selfish to force him to go out of his comfort zone to be with me. Today for instance, I had not heard from Ae since morning. I mean that’s a bit too much right? Even with Aim, I heard from her like every single day, if not a phone call a simple text did it. I didn’t realize until now how much I was affected by these little actions of Ae.it felt like somehow I was losing him to work and to that woman. I admit I was worried and jealous at the same time of Jane. It was not every day Ae got so close to another person and not talk of another woman. Those emotions I was feeling back in the university were beginning to resurface. Would I still be this insecure of Jane if I was a very beautiful woman like Jane? Everyone had doubts if they were good enough for their partners’ right?

 Would I still be this insecure of Jane if I was a very beautiful woman like Jane? Everyone had doubts if they were good enough for their partners’ right?

I quickly brushed away those thoughts, I am proud of who I am and nothing could change that. I was being selfish right now. If Ae wanted to be with a woman, I should be happy to let him go. This was Ae, the guy who had helped me through so much, helping to develop my self-confidence and to be courageous. Why was I slacking now? I had to man up and let him go with a smile if he wanted to. The drive ended up being longer than expected. I couldn’t drive back to his place by this time. It was very late and very dark. Considering how tired I was, it would be too risky to drive in such a condition. It was a bit too late to text or call him. I made my way to a hotel to retire for the night making up my mind to go over to his place tomorrow so we could talk things out. I hope things would not go so bad or go as far as my thoughts were taking me.

Ae’s POV

Finally, we were done with whatever work we had to do

Finally, we were done with whatever work we had to do. Technically we were, we just had to make a presentation and the deal would be closed. We had gotten a thumbs up from our boss so that meant a 70% probability of success. Well that was comforting. Hopefully after this we'd be able to get a little rest. Jane and I had to work at each other's houses till evening throughout this deal, sometimes we ended up falling asleep in each other’s places.it was a bit too much for me at first but it can’t be helped. We even had to work during the weekends sometimes so yeah I got used to it. It was that tiring. Since we were practically done with what we had to do and Jane being Jane decided we had to celebrate with booze so here we are. Really, really, I should remind myself not to drink with Jane again. I can barely open my eyes. Hangovers are hellish yet whenever we see the booze the brain seems to forget about that particular fact until the next day. Can y’all relate??