fifty-four

Brynn's POV:

I let Auston go home Monday afternoon. At the time I was sure I was going to hold off. Obviously Kingsley had other plans. While Auston and the team were playing the Hurricanes, Jess and Steph stayed at the hospital while I gave birth. I went into labor shortly after Auston left to go home for rest for his game. Jess and Steph were with me the whole time keeping me updated on the game as I was pushing out a child. I was in labor for almost 20 hours. It was all worth it though. I smiled down at the precious little girl in my hands as Auston busted into the room still sweaty. Jess was blocking his view from me and moved out of the way as his eyes landed on the bundle of blanket in my hands. He slowly made his way towards me and kneeled down next to my bedside.

"Is this?" He cut himself off not being able to process any words.

I nodded and finished for him. "It is. She is. Meet your little girl Auston."

A smile grew onto Auston's face as I handed Kingsley over to him. He gently grabbed her and stood up as Jess and Steph helped him hold her properly. I watched with a smiled as he swayed back and forth while softly speaking to her.

"Hey baby K. This is your daddy. I'm so happy to meet you! I'm going to make this promise to you now. I promise to give you everything in this world that you will ever want and to love you and your mom and your sister. And to take care of all three of you and protect you guys. You're my girls. All three of you. I'm never going to take you for granted. Ever. I love you Baby K," He looked at me and leaned down to give me a kiss as he spoke. "And I love you Brynn. I'm so proud of you."

"I love you too Auston." I said back to him.

He smiled and looked back at Kingsley. "Can I go show her to my parents?"

I nodded with a small smile. "Of course you can."

He continued to stare at her awe. He was looking at her with so much adoration that it made my heart swell. There was only one other person that I knew he looked at like that. That person was me.