thirty-two

Auston's POV:

I smiled as Elle threw the wrapping paper from her presents up around the living room. Brynn sat down next to me as I wrapped my arm around her waist and laid a kiss to her forehead.

"Our first Christmas together. Finally!" She said happily.

I smiled at her. "New Years is right around the corner."

She giggled. "What are we going to do for New Years?"

I shrugged as I watched her rub her stomach. The baby kicked two or three times causing Brynn to giggle. "Merry Christmas Kingsley." She whispered softly.

I smiled and leaned down to kiss her stomach before leaning back up. "You want to hear something crazy that we could do?"

She looked up at me. "What?"

I smiled softly. "Let's go get married somewhere."

She sat up and looked at me with wide eyes. "R-really?"

I nodded. "Why not? We only need two witnesses to elope. We could find a nice little spot on the outside of Toronto and get married right before break gets over with."

She looked down at the ring on her finger as I started to feel upset about my idea. She probably wasn't even ready.

"I'm sorry it was a stupid idea. I shouldn't have brought it up." I went to continue before she cut me off with a kiss.

I kissed back as she crawled onto my lap to face me. "You're amazing Auston Matthews! Let's go get married."

My eyes widened as a smile grew wide on my face. I pulled her into another kiss and grabbed my phone. "I call Mitch."

She giggled and went for her phone. "The whole gang should be there. Two witnesses or not. Have Mitch bring Steph and I'll call Jess and have her and Freddie come."

I chuckled and dialed Mitch's number. "Happy belated Christmas Matts."

"Happy belated Christmas Mitch. I got a favor to ask you and Steph." I told him.

"Anything man. What's up?" He asked me.

"I need you and Steph to be witnesses for Brynn and I." I answered.

The line was silent for a moment before Mitch laughed. "We'd be witnesses for anything for you two. What's the occasion?"

"We're going to get married!" I exclaimed.