fifty

Auston's POV:

I opened the door to Freddie's apartment and saw Brynn on the couch rubbing her stomach. I sat down next to her and laid down the papers I got. She picked them up and sighed.

"I still don't know how I feel about a restraining order." Brynn said softly.

I shrugged. "Neither do I. But Jess is very good at convincing people so here we are."

Freddie and Jess walked in with two gift bags in their hands.

"I stopped by your apartment to get some more clothes. Found these at the door." She told me.

I gently grabbed one of the bags and opened it. Inside it was some more baby stuff and a key. There was a note at the bottom of the bag that I picked up and read out loud.

"The use for this is whenever you get tired of the dad life. Love, Jordyn." I read.

I heard Brynn scoff as the threw the diapers and toys back into the bag. I stood up and grabbed an envelope and dropped the key inside as I sealed it. Brynn ripped the other bag from Freddie's hands and dumped it upside down. Baby diapers fell out then lacy black lingerie fell on top of it. Brynn chuckled darkly. She grabbed a pen from the corner of the coffee table and quickly signed the papers I brought to her. She slammed pen back down on the table and stood up to walk to the balcony outside closing the door behind her.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "I don't understand why she's doing this now. She hadn't bothered us in so long. Why now?"

Jess went to walk towards the door as I spoke up. "I got it Jess."

She nodded as I walked past her towards the balcony. I opened the door and slid outside pulling it closed behind me. I wrapped my arms around her from behind and kissed the top of her head. She let out a shaky sigh. As she turned around to look at me.

"Auston, I need you to promise me something." She said softly.

I nodded at her. "Anything."

"Promise me that you'll do anything to keep Kingsley and I safe." She said.

I spoke immediately. "Of course. Of course I will. I plan on doing that up until the day I die."

She nodded as I spoke again. "I'll bring those papers to the police station tomorrow on my way to practice alright."

She nodded. "Alright."