eighteen

this is late I know. Meant to post it on Auston's birthday.

Auston's POV:

"Are you sure there isn't any other way you would rather be spending your birthday?" Brynn asked for the fiftieth time today.

I chuckled as she spoke up. "You don't have to go to my appointment with me Auston."

I took one of my hands of the steering wheel and laid it on her growing stomach. "And miss finding out the sex of my child. Oh hell no. This is how I want to spend my birthday. With the woman I love finding out what my kid is going to be. This is the best birthday gift."

She smiled at me as she laid one of her smaller hands on my larger one as I continued to drive. When we pulled into the parking lot of the doctor's office, I got out and jogged over to the passenger side to open Brynn's door. She grabbed my hand and we walked into the office. We checked in then sat down in the waiting area.

"Brynn Valentine!" The nurse said.

We both stood up as the nurse smiled. "Follow me please."

She led us to a smaller room and helped Brynn up on the seat to get situated. She then left us alone before the doctor knocked on the door.

"Ah, Brynn. Good to see you again. This must be the proud dad I assume?" He asked me.

I smiled and held my hand out. "Auston Matthews."

He smiled. "Yeah, I know who you are. You've got quite the bright career ahead of you son. Enjoy it while you can. It always seems to go by fast."

I nodded. "It really does. Feels like yesterday I got drafted. Now I'm entering my third year."

He smiled as he grabbed some gel to put on Brynn's stomach. "Alright. Enough about you, let's see this child of yours."

The three of us laughed as the doctor dimmed the lights. He started to move around her stomach before we saw just what we wanted to see. I heard Brynn gasp as she grabbed my hand. The doctor continued to move around before he spoke up.

"Now listen very closely for me right here." He said.

We both continued to stare at the screen before we heard a heartbeat ring throughout the room. I felt the smile on my face grow.

"You're baby's heartbeat is very strong. Everything looks well. I say you have a healthy  baby on your hands. Would you like to know the sex?" He asked us.

I looked at Brynn. "It's up to you Auston. Ts your birthday."

I looked back at the doctor. "Yes, we would love to know."

He smiled. "Alrighty, just give me a moment and," He continued to move around before stopping. "Congratulations. You're having a girl!"

The doctor started to wipe the gel off Brynn's stomach before handing her some papers. He left the room to schedule her next appointment as I pulled Brynn into a kiss. She giggled before pulling away.

"I thought Auston Matthews only made boys?" She teased.

I smirked. "I'll let it slide this time I guess."