thirty-eight

Brynn's POV:

"I never in a million years would have thought this would be my life." I told Jess and Steph as we picked a place to sit.

We decided to go out and have a girls day since the boys were always around us. Steph smiled.

"You are definitely blessed. You guys are perfect for each other." She said.

Jess nodded in agreement as she sipped her coffee. "You both have changed for the better. That's what's most important."

I nodded as the both of them continued to talk with me before my phone started to ring. I grabbed it and answered it. I said hello as the girls kept talking.

"Brynn. It's your father." My dad said.

I smiled slightly. "Hi dad. Not typical of you to call me out of the blue. Mom usually doesn't let you."

He sounded out of breath as I heard some commotion in the background.

"What's going on?" I asked my dad.

He spoke quickly. "There's been an accident. Your mother, your mother is in the hospital."

My eyes widened. "Oh my god,"

Steph and Jess stopped talking and turned to me. "What happened?" Steph said.

"Brynn it's bad. It's really, really bad. You have to come quick." He told me.

I nodded before speaking up. "Of course. I'm coming, I'm coming right now."

I hung up as I laid some money out on the table and grabbed my purse.

"Brynn, what's going on?" Jess asked me.

I looked at her with wide eyes. "I need to find the next flight out to Los Angeles. Now!"

Steph nodded quickly and grabbed her phone as I stood up. The girls followed me before Jess grabbed my shoulders to stop me.

"Brynn answer me. What's happening?" She said again.

"My mom Jess. My mom is in the hospital." I told her.