nine

Brynn's POV:

I smiled at Steph as she sat down at the table I was at. We decided to go out for lunch to catch up with each other.

"Gosh, I'm so glad you are back in Toronto. I've missed my best friend." Steph said happily.

I smiled. "I'm glad to be back. I've been here for almost a month now and already feel like I'm at home."

She giggled. We continued to chat and talk before I got hit with a brief feeling of pain. Steph looked at me concerned.

"Are you okay Brynn?" She asked me.

I laid my hand on my stomach. I stood up and headed towards the bathroom with Steph hot on my heels. I found an open stall and pushed into it to kneel down in front of the toilet. Steph stood behind me and held my hair back.

"Yikes, I didn't mean to pick a place where the food wasn't good." She said.

I chuckled. "It's fine. I think I'm just coming down with the flu. I've been getting sick lately the past week and a half after Auston and I spent the week together in Arizona after we hopped the wedding."

I stood up to wash my hands and caught Steph's gaze in the mirror. I looked at her confused as she smirked back at me.

"Are you sure it's a flu?" She said as the smirk grew.

I continued to look at her before she turned me around to face her. She looked down at my stomach then back up to my face. "Let's head to the drug store really quick."

We left the restaurant and headed to the nearest drug store. Steph made me wait in the car she walked inside. She came back out with a smile on her face and got in the car, throwing the plastic bag at me. I pulled out the box and my eyes widened.

"Steph why the hell did you buy a pregnancy test?" I asked incredulously.

She scoffed. "Oh don't act so surprised. You know for a fact that your morning sickness is not coming from a flu. The facts are the facts. You spent an entire week with Auston doing god knows what when you two left the wedding. Therefore, there is a slight possibility that the magic of contraception was forgotten. Now am I right or am I right?"

I sat back in my seat as she smiled triumphantly at me and drove to her apartment. We walked inside and she led me to the bathroom. "I'm here for you. We will go through this together. Pregnant or not pregnant. Go ahead."

She gestured towards the door. I sighed and closed the bathroom door behind me. I opened the box and read the instructions.

"Here goes nothing." I said quietly to myself.

I opened the door and faced Steph who looked at me with big eyes. "Well?" She said.

"We have to wait an hour." I said shakily.

She nodded. "Okay that's fine. Now I may or may not have gotten a little excited and texted Mitch about this."

I froze. "Stephanie LaChance!"

She screeched and ran in the opposite direction to hide behind the couch. "I'm sorry. The bright side is he didn't tell Auston anything and he's on his was over right now."

There was a knock at the door before Mitch barged in. "Are you pregnant? Am I going to be an uncle to another child?"

Steph and I started to laugh at his excitement. He frowned at us. "Women are weird I tell ya. So what's the deal?"

Steph looked at her watch and then back up to Mitch. "We have 45 more minutes to wait."

Mitch quickly closed the bathroom door and raced to the living room to turn in the tv. He turned on the NHL network and made Steph and I join in watching it with him. The time passed quickly before I was opening the bathroom door to grab the test. Before I looked at it, I looked back at Steph.

"Remember," She said to me. "I'm here for you. No matter what!"

I nodded and picked up the test. I closed my eyes and counted to three before looking at the test with wide eyes.

"What does it say?" Mitch asked curiously.

"I'm pregnant." I whispered out.