seventeen

Auston's POV:

I woke up to the light shining through my bedroom windows and groaned at the pounding headache I had. I heard a soft chuckle and felt a hand run through my hair. I looked up and met Brynn's gaze. She gave me a soft smile and laid a kiss to my forehead.

"Good morning party animal! How are you feeling?" She asked quietly.

I groaned and again and turned so I was snuggled into her side. I laid my head down by her stomach and ran my hand back and forth across it.

"I didn't do anything stupid did I?" I asked concerned.

She giggled. "Mitch said you didn't and if I can trust him to babysit Elle then I can trust him with his word that you didn't do anything stupid."

I looked up at her and she smiled down at me. "It's okay Auston really. Nothing happened. Mitch said he watched you the entire night. He stayed sober so he could keep an eye on you."

I sighed and nodded. I groaned in pain as another pounding went through my head. I felt the bed dip as Brynn got up and walked to the bathroom. She came back with a cup of water and two aspirin in her hand. She handed them to me and sat down next to me. I popped them into my mouth and took a gulp of water. Brynn watched me carefully before taking the cup of water and laying it on the bedside table. I laid back on the bed and Brynn laid next to me and continued to run her fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

She frowned. "For what babe?"

"For cheating with Jordyn. I don't know why I even thought about doing it. Brynn I knew from the moment I laid eyes on you that I was in love with you." I went to continue but she stopped me.

"Auston, where is this coming from? I forgave you a long time ago. What happened last night?" She asked me curiously.

I sat up. "I don't remember much from the bar. But I do remember everything before. I went to ACC to get a skate in on my own time and I ran into Alec."

Brynn's eyes widened at his name. "What did he say to you?"

"He said that me cheating will always be in the back of your mind no matter what I do to make it up to you. And that he will always be here for you no matter what." I said while looking down at my hands.

She put both her hands on my cheeks and made me look at her. "Auston I love you! No matter what! Alec is talking out of his ass at this point. I don't plan on ever going back to him. You are the only man I want to be with and the only man," She took a hand of my cheek and grabbed my hand placing it on her swelling stomach. "That I want to start a family with. You are everything and more to me Auston Matthews!"

I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her into my lap and into a passionate kiss. We pulled apart and I smiled again. "I love you too. I can't wait to meet our child. Just think, only about a week or so left before we find out if it's a boy or a girl."

She giggled. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news Aus, but I'm with Freddie in this one. It's a girl."

I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed her back onto the mattress. I hovered over her as she giggled. "Unfortunately for you two beautiful, we will be having a boy. I promise you that!"