twenty-seven

Auston's POV:

I waved to the fans as they shouted and cheered with a smile on my face. My return to the ice after my injury was one for the books. Scoring twice plus helping the team get a win. It felt amazing. I laughed with Freddie and Mitch as my other teammates walked past giving me pats on the back. I smiled at them and walked outside the lockerroom. I spotted Brynn, who had her back to me, and I walked up behind her hugging her from behind. She leaned back into me and laid her hands on mine as both pairs of hands sat on her bulging stomach.

"Hello beautiful." I said to her.

She giggled and spoke back. "Hello handsome! Good job tonight."

I smiled and loosened my grip to let her turn around. She looked at me and gave me a big smile as she kissed me. "I'm so proud of you."

I leaned down to kiss her again as I heard someone clear their throat behind us. We pulled apart and turned to face Freddie.

"Welcome back Auston Matthews! Damn." We all laughed as Jess walked up behind us and looped her arm around Freddie's waist. He threw his arm around her shoulder and Brynn and I gawked as he gave her a kiss.

"It's about time you two." Brynn said as she walked in front of me.

They laughed as I gave Freddie a fist bump. "Any babies in the future?" I said as a joke.

"We'll see how baby matthews comes out first." Freddie said.

They both walked off as Brynn turned back to me. "You going out to celebrate?"

I shook my head as I kissed her forehead. "The only celebrating I'll be doing is back at home with my girls. Isn't that right little one?"

I leaned my head down towards Brynn's stomach and gave it a kiss. She giggled as she ran her hand through my sweaty hair. I lifted my head and looked at her.

"Let me go get changed real quick and we'll get some food then head home." I told her.

She smiled at me. "Okay. I love you Auston."

I kissed her once more. "I love you too."