twenty-five

Brynn's POV:

I cheered as the game ended. I followed Steph towards the lockerroom with Elle sitting on my hips. She giggled as Steph talked and tickled her. We continued to laugh as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and came face to face with Jordyn. She looked surprised but sent me a smug smirk.

"Well, well, well. Welcome back to Toronto. Here to continue being a charity case?" She said.

Steph scoffed and went to speak up. "No it's okay Steph I got it. My Jordyn it's nice to see you again."

She raised her brow at me. "I'm not sure what I was expecting would happen the next time I see. Whether I would cuss you out, yell at you, beat that ass. But now that I'm standing in front of you the only thing I want to do is hope that God blesses you with a life that you actually enjoy."

Her face fell as I continued to speak. "It must be hard to go around and lust over a man that will never be yours. Please do yourself a favor, grow up."

I laid my hand on my stomach as she watched with wide eyes. "Because Auston sure has."

She stood shocked as I turned back around. I heard the door open as Steph nudged me. "Good job super mom."

Auston walked out and gave me a hug and kiss before he saw Jordyn. "What are you doing here?"

She went to speak before looking at me and sending a fake smile. "I just came to congratulate you and Brynn. On her pregnancy. I'm sure you two will make great parents."

Auston looked surprised as I smiled to myself and looked at Steph. She put her hand up to her mouth as she stifled her laugh. "Wow. Thanks Jordyn. That means a lot. I hope stuff works out for you."

She nodded as she turned around. "So do I."

As she walked away, I turned to Auston who leaned down to give me a kiss. "What was that all about?"

I giggled as she grabbed Elle and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "I don't know. I guess she had a change of heart."

He smiled and nodded before handing Elle back to me putting his hands around my waist. "Let me get my stuff and then we can go home alright?"

I nodded. As he went to walk back into the lockerroom, I called out to him. "Auston, I love you."

He smiled at me. "I love you too."