Suprises

•M•

I studied her. She wanted a second chance with me? The monster, the beast? She wanted a second chance.

She couldn't have it. She couldn't. I'd end up hurting her, I hurt everyone. I can't let her get hurt twice.

And to avoid hurting her even more, I have to hurt her this one time. Just once more, then she'd be safe.

I couldn't risk men using her just to have a quick jab at me. They could get to me through her.

They could ruin her, just to get to me. I already hurt Delilah, she can't get hurt again.

There's only so much the heart can take, I should know.

"No." I said sternly. Her cheeks burned. I hated seeing her like this. "No?" She said, her voice barely audible.

"No." I said. Holding to my word. I got up from the bed. "I'm gone." I spat. Over the years I became very good at concealing my feelings and lying.

"Massimo, where are you going?" She asked me. "Why would it matter to you? Coming here, was such a bulls*it mistake." I spat.

I grabbed my shoes and walked out of the hotel room, slamming the door behind me.

That, was just for the dramatic effect of it all. Now I'm left with carrying the guilt of the world on my shoulders.

•D•

I can't believe it. I let him hurt him not once but twice. I let him manipulate me.

Hurt me. I hated him.

I crawled into my bed and cried. I really believed that he had changed. I believed a rookie lie.

Hell, what a rookie I was at this whole game. I grabbed my phone and called Julian.

Conversation:

Hello?-J
Julian, can we talk?-D
Yeah, of course-J
What's up?-J
I need help. I just told Massimo that I would like to get to know him. I gave him a second chance. And Jule....he flat out rejected the offer-D
I felt so stupid!-D
D, listen to me. Deep breaths, deep breaths-J
Ok-D
Now you listen, maybe Massimo doesn't deserve a second chance, maybe he doesn't have what it takes to care for you, like someone else out there truly should-J
Maybe this is for the better D, he needs to stop hurting you-J
Maybe...maybe your right I'm literally so stupid, I can't believe myself-D
I can believe you, your stupidity is justified-J
Julian!-D
Hey D, I got to go. I'll be sure to call you later, alright?-J
Ok, love you-D
Love you-J
Conversation ended.

After I called Julian, I felt a little better. I needed to stop getting hurt, I needed to stop given people around me the opportunity to hurt me.

I folded everything up again and set them into my suitcase much more properly.

Maybe I'd take the trip to Lucianos' place earlier.....

•J• (Julian Reynolds)

I set my phone done on the table after my conversation with Delilah. I sighed when I glanced over and saw the bare back of the man that lay on my bed.

I sighed. I just got myself in a sh*tload of trouble. Alfredo's light snores were the only noise in the room.

I mentally prepared myself to face what would happen when he woke up. In case your wondering what actually took place. I'll just give you a run through:

"Julian." A voice said from behind me. I turned around, already knowing who the voice belonged to.

"What now Alfredo? Here to ridicule me again?" I spat. Alfredo heaved a sigh. "Nah man."