6

LONDYN:

He left. The sick bastard left, in his place was a body guard. He stood by the door and the table
of weapons, watching. He was always watching, every movement, every breathe. He was just always watching.

If I had seen this man in public, I would have never been able to recall. He could have passed for an average man, taking his kids to the park, or on his way to pick up a cup of coffee.

"Dean." I whisper. He doesn't look up, his eyes remain trained on the ground beneath him that's been stained in his own blood.

I inch my body closer to his, the body guard catches it, but doesn't say anything. Carefully, I bring my hand up to his shoulder. He flinches, his eyes trained on me studying me, I figure it's because he doesn't know my intentions.

"I want to help you." I whisper into his ear. He leans his head back, his eyebrows draw together as he takes in a slow shaky breath.

"I-I've been here for three years..." He pauses shaking his head, "no one can help me but God." He whispers.

Leaning against the walls, I stare at the floor. "Besides I'm in no condition to fight or do much of anything." He finishes. "So like that your going to give up?"

"I've tried everything in the book, what are you going to do different?" Sighing, I slump back into the wall. He's right, what am I going to do different.

"We'll come up with something, I know it." I whisper. I don't know it, but it's worth a try right?

"You two separate."

ADRIANO:

The scene at the mansion is chaotic, as maids scurry about the hallways calling out order after order.

My steps bounce against the walls, in this corridor the walls bare no paintings, no decorative chairs that rest meaninglessly in corners, and certainly not a single maid has stepped foot into this hall.

"Wayne." I nod. He unlocks the door and pushes it open. I step into the the stairwell, the air immediately shifts.

With each step, the air becomes tense and the temperature increases. Upon opening the door, the revolting stench of Dean wafts through the air. "Good morning, you two."

LONDYN:

Growing up Mama used to tell me that our actions drastically effect those around us. I hadn't seen it then, but I surely see it now.

"Good morning, you two." His voice is strong, as it echoes throughout the small room. The guard shifts, offering a curt nod to Adriano.

"You are released, Donovan. Gustavo will take your place." Adriano walks towards the table of weapons, eyeing Dean with a tantalizing gaze.

Dean shivers, he'd lost so much blood within the last hour. His body paled, his lips colored purple, his eyes lifeless and hollow. I truly fear he won't last, even if we did make it out of here today.

"Alright, now let's let the fun begin. Where were we?" His eyes scan the table, the darkness of his eyes glow as his eyes settle onto a weapon before him.

"Your sick. Absolutely sick" I voice, gathering up all the courage I can muster. From here, I can watch as Adrians muscles tense.

"So I've been told." He says smugly, as he stands straight. "Your playing with a life that's not yours to take." His hand clenches onto the handle of a knife, as he runs his finger cautiously along its blade.

Somewhere in my mind, I'm silently pleading that he presses just hard enough to draw blood. "You see, the way this usually works, is I do the talking. Trust me, he's sinned just as much as the next sinner." He's now directly in front of Dean.

"Plead your case." He says to Dean, the disgust in his facial expression is not hidden. "Plead your case" pure confusion washes over me.

The door scrapes along the floor, Deans eye drifts towards the door, he's far too weak to even move a muscle at this point.

Men pile into the room, I notice Donovan to be one of them. The men stand along the wall of the room facing Dean and Adriano.

They don't spare me a glance, as if oblivious to the fact I'm kidnapped sitting in the corner of a room. "You see, when someone crosses us it can lead to very dreadful, unforgiving punishments." Startled, I turn to look at Adriano, who stands intimidating over Dean.

"Dean, worked with us for 10 years. You'd think he'd have built up some sort of loyalty over that time. However, three years ago, we found that he'd been trading information."

He turns to face the line of men. "So today, we fix that.... Plead your case." He was mimicking some type of court proceeding. The silence in the room is deafening, not a word, sound, expression is made from Dean nor from Adriano.

Who's patience seems to be limitless today, compared to other days, I'm sure it'll run out at some point. The sand always reaches the bottom of the glass.

Dean is quiet, deep in thought. His answer could be the difference between life or death. "N-not guilty." He hesitates, his head hung low.  Adriano chuckles, it's a low mocking chuckle, the kind that screams arrogance and superiority.

"Not guilty." He's playing Dean for a fool. "You hear that guys? Not fucking guilty." He turns to the men. "Well, Dean. The verdict has already been reached. The evidence against you was overwhelming. Your peers have voted."

"Micheals." "Guilty," comes the voice of the man in the front of the line. "Lorentti" "Guilty." "Giovanni", "Guilty". One by one the voices call out "Guilty", no one challenged the verdict. Therefore it was chosen, guilty.

"Well Dean. There you go. The verdict is reached, you've been found guilty."