4

-LONDYN-

I was awoken by a baleful sound echoing against the hollow walls. It's the sound of the heavy metal door opening and closing.

"Good Morning." The voice is small, soft...almost a whisper.

The silhouette of a young girl stands beside the door, a tray in hand. "I'm Hanna the maid sent to serve you food."

As she steps under the lighting I catch sight of her. Her hands tremble as she struggles to hold the tray in her hands,

Locks of golden blonde hair sat neatly in a bun, not a strand out of place. Her uniform- a white apron with a black collared dress shirt and a black skirt.

No wrinkles, stains, lint...nothing. I found it unusual for a maid. "P-please help me." I beg her.

"I-I can't.." Her brown eyes widen, "oh no! I forgot your clothes. I-I'm so sorry." Her face goes a ghost white as she hurriedly sets the tray onto the mattress.

"Wa-" I'm cut off by the sound of the door closing.

"Ahh!" I cry. A sudden surge of hopelessness rushes though my body as the realization that I will never have an escape settles it's way into my mind.

The hopelessness is replaced quickly by anger. Picking up the tray, I hurl it towards the metal door.

Crash Clink

It all happens in slow motion. The glass is first to go, falling onto the floor. Little pieces of glass once whole go separate ways.

Then the plate, white china slams against the flooring throwing pieces of sharp glass scattering all around the door.

My hands shake as they go up to the roots of my hair- tugging. The scrape of metal against the floor grabs my attention.

"Are you done?" His voice is the same. Monotonous, deep...intimidating. His face however is set into a scowl, his eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched.

My body shakes, awaiting pain. I have to get out of here. I can't live like this, in constant fear...pain.

His lips move..he's talking, yet I can't hear a word. I eye the piece of glass on the floor, sharp shards of the white china rest along the dirty floors.

He comes closer, his polished shoes hit the floor as he approaches me. I jump up, my feet push me forward into a run, using what little strength I have I push Adriano- out of surprise he loses his footing and falls onto the ground.

Hurriedly, I try to rush past him. I come to a halt as Adriano's fingers curl around my ankle, nails breaking into my skin. My body hits the ground, using my hands to break my fall.

I'm at eye level with the shards of glass, a sharp piece of glass lies within reach. Stretching my arm, I pull myself towards the glass. Once my hand grips around the length of the glass I twist in Adriano's grip.

Plunging the glass into his arm, the glass pierces through the skin leaving blood in its wake. His grip loosens, I kick away from him.

I look towards the door, the keyhole catches my eye. The keys...I need to find the keys. Adriano is beginning to get onto his feet, I reach for another piece of glass.

"You little bitch." He seethes. "S-stay back." I tell him. He chuckles. His eyes dangerously blue remind me of a storm.

He stalks towards me, I move back raising the glass beside my head. "If you listen now, it'll be better for you later." He says.

"No!" I scream. He doesn't stop, he just keeps moving forward. He takes one step forward just as I take two steps back.

It felt as though the room had shrunk down to half its size. The coolness of the wall hits my back.

"Your playing at a dangerous game Londyn." He stands over me, his eyes burning holes into my body.

His hand wrap around my wrists, his hold tightening. The glass goes falling onto the floor. Landing with a clink.

He brings his face closer to mine. As he holds my wrists beside my head, his eyes burn holes into me.

Closing my eyes, a rush of cool air hits my body. Upon opening my eyes, Adriano is walking away.

"I want this cleaned up. Don't your ever think about pulling some shit like this again." He says. The door slams shut, sliding onto the ground I sit surrounded by a mess of glass.