12

LONDYN:

I could have sworn that there was no greater fear than the one I experienced when I first got here. This had easily replaced that.

It's been hours since Adriano had Giovanni escort me back into this room. "What'd you do this time?" Giovanni grumbles, "what didn't  I do" I respond.

He smirks, "he'd go easier on you if you'd just listen." I suck in a breath, "That will never happen."

Giovanni has been in and out of the room since Adriano had assigned him to watch me. Giovanni never ceases to tell me how he doesn't like being a "babysitter", but never fails to try and take on a big brother role.

"Why are you here, Giovanni?" His eyebrows knit together, "You are my assignment-" I shake my head, "no Gio, how did you end up in a place like this?"

He swallows, his jaw locks, "This isn't an appropriate conversation, Londyn, you should get some rest."

I nod, lying back onto the mattress. "You know, for the first time since I got here, I actually...I felt, Gio. I felt just a little human, being on that dance floor, talking to someone... it felt nice."

Gio sighs but doesn't say respond. After a while, I turn onto the mattress, "Good night, Giovanni." He whispers a gruntled "night", then disappears into the corner.

Peeling my eyes open, I'm met with a tall brooding figure standing in the corner of the room.

I jump from the mattress and onto my bottom as my eyes follow his pacing. His hands are in his pockets, his hair disheveled, the top few buttons of his dress shirt are undone. He looks anything but put together.