8

LONDYN:

"All done?" The maid is back, this time pushing a food cart. I nod, my will to speak had left me after I'd witnessed Dean succumb to his death. I hadn't found the strengths to speak.

   She raises a brow, "You haven't touched not one bite of your food." She pushed the plate towards me. "No." I croak, shaking my head.

"Suit yourself." She places the tray of food onto the cart. "At least you've cleaned yourself up. Sir will be pleased." With that, she leaves as quickly as she came.

I sit and stare at the blood stains on the floor. A man has been brutally murdered right before my eyes. Yes, he'd sinned, but he didn't deserve death and he surely didn't deserve to die in that manner.

The tears run freely down my cheeks. I hadn't processed the severity of the situation, and it weighed down on me. I was buckling under the stress, I was afraid.

Truly afraid, like never before. I could be next.

The door pushes open, I don't have to look up to know that it's Adriano. I sense it in the shift in atmosphere and the powerful steps echoing against the walls.

"So I hear your on a hunger strike." He speaks, stopping just before the mattress. I can't look the bastard in the face, I can't.

"And now your not talking, great." I hear the sarcasm in his voice. "I need you just good enough for what your about to endure. Therefore I'll give you one more chance. Just one."

He clears his throat, "I'll be back later tonight, don't make this any harder than it needs to be."

POV:

"I want you to keep an eye on her at all times." Adriano says as he grabs his jacket from off the back of his office chair. "If anything goes wrong, if anything is out of the ordinary, report it to me immediately."

He's standing in the doorway when he turns around adding, "make sure she eats, she's gonna wanna be good and well for what we're about to do...I'm trusting you, Giovanni. Don't fuck this up." He warns closing the door behind him.

The minute he leaves the air settles around me. His presence is sickening, the sick fuck that he is. "Let's get this shit over with." I whisper to myself.

The journey to the basement is a long one, the halls are empty this time around. The air shifts drastically as I push open the metal door.

In the corner of the basement sits a mattress. It's worn down and stained a dirty grey. I can't imagine that mattress used to be white.

The girl sits cowering on the mattress. Her hands hang low as she stares at the mattress. This was the girl they'd been talking about, the one with the pretty hazel eyes and small frame.

She looked scared for her life. The feeling of anger, bubbles nearer to the surface. The mere image of Adriano harming this poor girl makes my blood boil. I'm not here to get entangled in the likes of his business, that's the last thing I needed.

Her eyes carry up to sneak a peek at my face.

Her eyes were captivating, they were a beam of light with her sorrowful expression. They pulled me in with every blink, they were the purest golden brown I'd ever seen.