Encounter

Prepared, there's no such thing, how could You ever truly be prepared-AyshaK

•D•

Despite my falling behind on schedule, I still took up another mission. I don't know what I was thinking. It might have been some sort of adrenaline, because nowhere in my right mind, would I have taken up yet another offer.

And better yet, I had to meet with the person who hired me to do the  job. How absurd! I'd never actually met the people who hired me.

It was usually over the phone, or through Email, which Julian was very quick to get rid of once done.

I sighed. Damn it! I didn't even catch his name! I had landed a day ago, in New York.

I missed Boston, it was there I grew up. And there I vanished. I could only imagine what my parents must be going through.

They're probably grieving just like I did for Dylan and Luna. How painful it must be to see their only daughter just disappear from their lives.

I got dressed to meet with the man-in which I was dumb enough to not get his name.

I dressed in a maroon colored dress. Maroon being my favorite color. It was of the shoulder, and the fabric clung to my curves.

I paired it, with open toed heels. I grabbed a hang bag and was out of the door.

Once I made it to the car, I looked on  my phone for the address. It seemed a bit  far away, I wish I had done my research the day before.

I hated New York, it's just somewhere I wouldn't want to be anymore. After all, this is where it all went down.

Where my fate was almost decided. I drove down Goger Road, sometimes I hated driving, I didn't have time to admire the pure beauty of nature.

I got out of the car, and headed to the front door. I knocked on the door, and soon it opened up.

I found a maid standing there, she smiled politely at me. "Hello." I waved.
The maid looked at me, "Hello, I assume your here for Mr.Caputo." She said.

I froze. "Mr.C-Caputo?" I stuttered. She nodded. "Is that not who you came here to see?" She said with a confused expression.

I gulped. And right there behind the maid, in all his glory, with his inked skin, and angelic features.

"We meet again." He smirked, his hands crossed over his chest. I gasped, and everything that I had been holding, soon tumbled to the ground.

I turned on my heel, and prepared to run to my car and drove off. However, Massimo had other plans, he grabbed my forearm and pulled me into the house.

I screamed, "let go of me, you damn monster!"
"Would you stop yelling?" He said as he rolled his eyes.

He let go of me quickly. I could barely speak. Never in my life, did I think I would ever have to see this man again, but here I am face to face with the devil himself.

"Your, the man who hired me? But don't you have hundreds of men out there working for you?"

He smiled proudly and nodded. "I do, and there all on their assigned missions, meaning I needed just an extra bit of help." He said.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "go find someone else." A smirk appeared on his face.

"So this is what you've been doing? An assassin, huh? Killing people now?" He teased.

I crossed my arms. "I'm not like you." I spat. He laughed, "really, think about all those lives you took. How many is it. 63? 63 lives took in the hands of a monster."

I wasn't going to let him get to me, he had no right anymore. I narrowed my eyes at him. My foot tapping the floor.

"What? What do you want? You wanna torture me? You can't, I'm too strong for that now. So just leave me alone."

He inhaled a breath and sighed. "This isn't like you. I never wanted you to be like this, you didn't want to be like this."

"What are you talking about? You don't know anything Massimo! So don't pretend you care about me all of a sudden when the only thing you really wanted was for me to be dead!" I holler.

His jaw ticked. He pulled me close and gazed down into my eyes. My breath quickened. I kill people for a living, yet I can't even look this man in the eye?

He leaned in, and that's when I felt it. His lips. Soft, oh so soft. I don't know what happened to me, but I kissed him back.

I shouldn't have let him win, but in that moment it was just the two of us, no anger, no hate. Just us.

He pulled back. That's when it hit me. He doesn't love me. What am I still doing here? I have to go!

"Please, leave me alone Massimo. I never want to see you again. Ever." I whispered. And with that I collected myself and left the house.

•M•
What the hell did I just do? I fucked everything up! She hates me now!

I pulled at my hair in frustration, but even that couldn't stop me from smashing the vase.

I fucked everything up! She was right there, in my damn fingers. And I let her slip.

The feel of her lips were something I could never forget. Sure we'd kissed a couple times before when we were friends, but this one was
different.

I pulled my phone out, and called one of my guards, Ben,

Conversation:
Hey-M
Hey boss, what can I do for you?-B
I need you to look after Delilah, she just left. Keep eyes on her at all times, that's your job.-M
Ok, got it.-B
                    -End of Convo-

Delilah was mine, and she still is. I never let something slip through my fingers twice.