9

ADRIANO:

"Adriano!" The voice is shrill and echoes off the walls. "Melina" I grumble, "what a pleasant surprise."

She sets her suitcase onto the marble flooring, I wince as the fucking wheel scrapes along the floor. I don't say anything about it, but, Italy has done her good.

Her skin is an olive tan, her hair is cut shorter, her eyes a shade lighter. She even looks younger, nothing compared to the person who left just 3 years ago.

"Oh, fratellino mio, amore mio, come stai!" Her hands wrap around my neck as she tries to pull me in for a hug. I step away, in search of some distance.

"Melina, don't start with that shit." I shake my head.

"Ay, you wound me." She puts a hand over her heart as she feigns, "hurt", a smirk  plastered over her face. Throwing her hand into the air she gestures to the kitchen. "Oh mio dio!"

"I love it! It was about time you changed the layout, it was rarely functional! You don't cook, so you wouldn't understand. You know-"

"Melina." I interrupt clearing my throat, "I'm busy, I'm assuming you know where your room is. You can continue this when I get back, but I don't like to be late."

If I stayed here for a second longer, I wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. This event wasn't one that I could afford to miss- even I knew that.

She leans with her hand on one hip, gaze set ablaze, "I can't just show up and spend time with my brother? Where are you going that your in such a rush?" My jaw locks, as I sigh, "We go to the same event, on the same day every damn year."

She raises her hands up almost as if in surrender. "Fine, I'll just stay here and enjoy the "scenery"." She smirks as she mumbles, "You renovated the kitchen, but kept the same shitty landscape."

"Are you not going?" I question, ignoring her slick comment. My patience was running thin, and if telling her to fuck off wasn't going to work, I had other strategies.

Walking to meet her at the kitchen island, I crane my neck down to fit her height, I whisper, "I hear, Christian is going to be there. He's being made a Capo tonight, he's been asking about you-."

Before I finish her eyes shoot open, as she hastily rushes towards the staircase, "Oh my goodness, what am I going to wear!"

She most definitely wouldn't be spending the night here.

LONDYN:

"Nayal! It won't fit- that hurts!" I exclaim as the zipper catches onto my skin for the hundreth time.

My cheeks a fiery red, as I attempt to move out of Nayal's reach.

"Yes! You can, in my country, we wear two sizes smaller on purpose!" Her voice is laced with an accent, I suck in a breathe as she attempts to yank the zipper.

Nayal, wasn't all too bad. Her brooding demeanor quickly faded as she got to preparing me. I learned that as a little girl she would work with her mother as a stylist back in Germany. "You need to look your best! Sir, never brings just anyone to these events." She explains.