Some Assembly Required

The night went by quickly. I walked into my lion's hanger with Luna, staring at its beauty.

As I walked around the hanger, I couldn't help but look out the window and stand amazed at the sunrise.

"I hope I can enjoy this time with ny friends." I said to myself, "What do you two think?"

Luna purred and somehow gave a smile. While the white mechanical lion growled in response.

Since she was born from me, I could always understand her.

Suddenly, the alarm began to blare.

"Everyone wake up! Zarkon is attacking!" I heard Allura scream through the speakers.

I smiled, knowing that this is training and ran to the control room, leaving Luna near the entrance. When I arrived, Shiro was already there, dressed in his palidan armor.

"Good morning Shiro," I said as he turned and smiled, "How are you today?"

"I'm okay Zurine," he replied, "How are you here so fast?"

"I was already awake. I was with my lion in the hanger."

As the others, except Lance, rushed in, Coran was quite dramatically I might add, trying the 'sell' the fake invasion.

"I'm guessing this isn't an actual attack?" Shiro asked.

Allura looked at us with a serious expression, "And you're lucky it wasn't, because it took you," she turned to Coran," Coran?"

Coran looked at a small white device, "75 degrees," I laughed at his mistake, "Oops sorry, my mistake, this is a meat thermometer."

Allura sighed in annoyance, then walked up to us.

"How ever long it was, it was too long," the altean princess said impatiently, "You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon."

I sighed. Allura has always been a serious, yet kind person, but now..... with Zarkon's empire on the rise, and Voltron being reunited again, she seems to be more tense than 10,000 years ago.

"Look at you," she continued, "Only Shiro is in uniform. Zurine got here before you and she's running in her royal garments. Keith, Pidge, Hunk where are your bayards. And where is Lance?"

I held go three fingers, making everyone look at me in confusion.

"Three, two, one." I said. As soon as I said one, Lance came through the door, decked out in blue pajamas, a cup in hand, and big smile on his face.

He yawned and could swear that his face was shining in the light.

"Good morning everybody." He said, taking a sip from his cup, "What's goin' on?"

"Zurine," Pidge said, "How did you know that Lance was coming in three seconds?"

I chuckled, "I've lived with each of you for three months," I replied, "that gave me more than enough time to figure out all of your timings and quirks."

Pidge looked shocked, along with everyone else in the room, but before they could say anything else, Allura interrupted.

"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order," she said, "We had to run a test on the alarms and decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed?"

We all turned to Hunk as he let out big yawn, "Hey" he said, "You got to sleep for ten thousand years man. Monday night I was on Earth. Now we've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process ya know."