Rebirth, and a secret

What's up all you voltron fans out there?! Happy Easter. May you be blessed on this joyous day and remember what today is about.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on updating today, but I was bored and decided to do something.

Enjoy!!!

I stared at the black object in front of us. It almost looked like it was staring at us. I could feel myself shaking if both fear and weakness in strength.

Using my powers earlier, plus veing taken over by the Bulmera to speal to everyone really took it out of me.

"What is that?" Lance asked.

"T-trouble." I stuttered.

"Oh no," Pidge gasped.

"Please tell me there's not a giant monster in there!" Hunk frantically asked, "Please tell me it's empty, or full of space candy, one of those two, either one is fine."

"I don't think it's a pinata Hunk." Lance replied.

"If it's the same kind of monster we fought on Arus, we already know how to beat it." Keith said confidently.

I sucked a large breath, slowly letting it out to calm myself down. I felt the red lion's energy spike as it formed the sword, while the green lion formed the shield.

"Hold your ground!" Shiro ordered.

"Guys," I said, "Something's different about this one."

"Different how Zurine?" Pidge asked.

"Its energy, it's more.... malicious than the other one we've fought. Be careful."

Air expelled from the machine as it opemed to reveal our next enemy. A red and black robot stood on the remains of the container.

Its long arms and legs hung limply around it. It gave off an evil aura, one that shook me to my core.

The head lifted and the eyes lit up green, signaling its activation. It looked straight at us, mainly the chest where I was.

Suddenly, its chest began to glow, shooting off an intense laser straight at us.

I gave off some energy to hold the shield to withstand the attack.

We were pushed back several yards due to the force.

"It's not candy!" Hunk yelled.

"And it's not the same monster!" Lance followed up.

Voltron slid away from the blast, "We need to draw its fire away from the Balmera' s surface!" Shiro shouted.

I took another breath in, "Balmera, are you okay?"

"Child, do not waste your energy worrying about me. Use that energy to defeat this beast."

The Bulmera was always a selfless creature, caring more about others than itself.

The robot flew into the air and shot at us again, which we blocked once again. But due to the force of the hit, everyone felt at least some pain. As for the heart, well, let's just say it was painful.

It felt like I was being crushed as we continued to dodge the deadly aims.

"We can't hold out!" Lance yelled.

"My lion's weakening," Pidge informed us, "If the shield sustains structural damage we're done for!"

"Pidge is right!" Keith said.

"Oh Pidge is right, I'm the one who said we can't hold out!"

"Lance, watch your footing!" I shouted. The blue lion leg shifted, making us trip and the shield break.