Lions' Pride PT. 2

This was it.

The Earth was going to be destroyed.

We failed.....

...Or not.

At the last minute, before the cannon fire reached the Earth, the Atlas came between the cannons and the Earth, its particle barrier keeping the attack from hitting Earth.

The beam dispersed, but it wasn't enough. It was still too powerful to block entirely.

The Atlas kept hanging in there, but all of a sudden, one of the ships went offline, and a disturbing feeling settled in my stomach.

One of the cannons stopped firing, but the Atlas continued shielding the planet.

I could see the barrier thinning and I had no other choice. The ship had a crystal powering it, and since I have a connection to crystals, I should be able to connect with it and give some of my power to it.

"White, can you help connect me to the Atlas?" I asked.

"Are you sure, Zurine? If you connect to the Atlas, then there may be consequences. You could lose so much of your strength."

"I'll do whatever it takes to save Earth." I replied, "You know what this planet means to me."

My lion purred in response. I smiled and nodded, closing my eyes and controlling my power. I stretched my senses to the Atlas and connected to the crystal.

"Everyone, can you hear me?" I shouted.

"Zurine, what's wrong?" I heard Hunk ask as he groggily woke up.

"The cannons are still operational and the Atlas won't be able to hold out much longer. As in giving power to the Atlas, we need to destroy the ships controlling the cannons. And we need to do it now!"

"On it!" Everyone shouted, pushing their lions to their fullest. We sliced, shot and destroyed all the cannons in a matter of minutes.

However, the end was not near. Sendak's ship was hurtling towards Earth.

"Commander Holt, what's ths status on Sendak's ship?" I asked.

"Sendak's ship has already hit terminal velocity and Shiro is still in there!"

My eyes widened.

"What is Shiro doing in Sendak's ship?" I heard Keith ask in a panicked voice.

"He's the reason Sendak's ship lost power. Shiro went inside Sendak's ship and with me using his brain as a conduit, we destroyed the crystal powerimg the ship."

I cut my mental connection to the Atlas and leaned back in my chair, finally feeling the exhaustion of giving up some of my power.

"What's the plan!"

"We have to guide it to an uninhabited area. Follow me!" Keith shouted.

I leaned forward and took the controls, following my fellow paladins towards Sendak's falling ship.

We passed through Earth's atmosphere and saw the beautiful blue skies. We flew our lions under the ship, leveling it out and guiding it away from the city.

"Hold it together. We've gotta make it past the city." Keith said.

The ship was falling faster than before as we headed towards the rocky desert. The ship crashed harshly into the ground, head first. Ths smok covered the broken ship as it slowed on the ground, never to take off again.