Collection and Extraction

I sat in my room, Luna gently purring as her head lay on my lap. I had explained to the others about my condition yesterday, and I was a little more than nervous about what I would do.

Suddenly, the ticker next to me rang, signaling that it was time for my medication.

I sighed, standing up and walking over to my dresser and picking up medicine bottle. I shook out two pills and swallowed them, letting the bitter taste of my medicine roll off my tongue.

Luna rubbed her hand on my hand in comfort. I looked down at my white companion and smiled.

"Thank you Luna, but I'm okay now." I said. The familiar hiss of the door entered my ears, I looked over towards the door and saw Keith in the doorway.

"Hey," he said uneasily, "We're about to check out Sendak's memories. Allura said that if you're feeling okay, then you should join us."

I walked over to Keith and smiled, "Thank you Keith." I walked past him, but was stopped by a wavering hand grabbing mine.

I looked behind me to see that Keith's hand was grasping mine.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

He walked closer to me, never letting go of my hand.

"Why didn't you tell us about your condition coming back?" He asked.

I lowered my head and looked away, "I'm sorry for not telling you or the others anything about my condition returning, but I was afraid that if I told all of you, then you would forbid me from flying the white lion."

He sighed, and pulled me into a hug, "Of course we would, we're all worried about you."

I closed my eyes, feeling comfortable in his warm embrace. It was a feeling that I hadn't felt in years. Keith gasped as he realized that I was in his arms.

He quickly let me go, his face turning red as he turned his head to avoid me.

"We should get going." He said, walking ahead of me towards the main control deck.

I chuckled at his change in attitude, "are you thinking what I'm thinking Luna?" I asked as I followed Keith.

Luna nodded and purred, she then did something unexpected. She walked up to Keith and rubbed her head on his hand.

He was startled to feel Luna's fur on his hand, he looked down and pet her head.

"That's unusual," I said, walking up to Keith's side, "Even when she was a kitten, she never walked up to someone like that other than me. She mist really like you Keith."

He gave Luna a small smile, "I guess so."

We made it to the control deck, and as soon as I entered, Allura ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Are feeling better Zurine?" She asked, "You've been sleeping for so long, did you take your medicine?"

I nodded and walked over to Pidge, who was analyzing Sendak's memories.

"Somewhere in Sendak's memories we should be able to find the inside information that gives us the key to take down Zarkon." Allura said confidently.

Coran looked a little worried about our actions, "I don't think your father will approve of searching through our enemy's memories."

"It may go against Altean morals Coran," I said, "But we must do whatever we can to defeat Zarkon."

"Once we learn all his weaknesses we can just march up to his front door and challenge him to a fight." Lance said, imagining Zarkon's defeat, "Winner get the universe."