The Ruins

After we got over the shock of being gone for three years, we got back in our lions and set back on our course to Earth.

I slept soundly in my lion's cargo bay, which Luna kept me warm and safe as I slept.

However, my sleep was interrupted by a loud command coming through the speakers.

"Everybody up!" Keith shouted. I immediately shot up from Luna's warmth and went on full alert.

"Come on, it's time to wake up."

"What's the point? We're just floating in space. There's no day of night here.." Lance asked as I stood to get ready.

"I have to agree with Lance. We shoukd sleep for 15 more doboshes." Allura said sleepily.

I exited the cargo hold and sat in my seat, Luna sitting gracefully by my side as I connected with White.

"Guys, we can't let this long journey make us soft or dull our skills. Routine will keep us sharp."

"Keith's right." Shiro agreed, "Routine is what got me through being Zarkon's prisoner and being in the infinite void of the Black Lion."

"I guess that does make you an expert on killing time." Lance yawned.

I chuckled at their sleepy actions as they got ready for training.

"Okay everyone, to your stations. Running battle simulations now." Keith said.

"Hold on, is Zurine awake? She's been silent for a while." Allura asked curiously.

"I'm awake, Allura." I said, "And I hope you're all alert."

As Everyone groaned, grumbled and complained about the early battle training call, I typed on my holo-screens and sent data to the Black Lion, where Krolia used it to create a battle simulation program.

"This should work very nicely. Thank you, Zurine." She said gratefully.

"It was a pleasure to collect the data." I replied.

"This simulation should be Especially challenging."

"Why do you sound happy about that?" Hunk asked suspiciously.

"Like mother like son." Lance grumpily added.

"Focus." Keith said as the simulation began.

"Here's the scenario," Krolia began, "You're I'm a planet with double gravity, dense volcanic fog, and eight blovar captors are attacking. What do you do?"

"This is a good one." Keith said happily.

"Do these raptors have eggs?" Hunk asked, "I say we steal some and we make a little breakfast."

"Hunk, I think you're heart is in the right place, but right now, we need to focus on the simulation. We can find food later." I said.

Hunk was silent for a tick when all of a sudden he screamed as blovar attacked his lion.

"A blovar just melted your face off, Hunk! Now it's eight on five." Krolia said.

"That's fine by me. I'm eating." Hunk grumbled.

Allura shot forward and I flew high above. Allura fired her lasers at one, dodging the volcanic reuptions underneath her. Lance's engines whirred as he sped up to catch a raptor.

"Everyone split up to thin their numbers! If there was just some way we could... What?!" Keith shouted as a blovar shot him from the side.

"Keith, you're out."