Know Your Enemy

The distress signal was Earth was devestating and filled all of us with great fear. We wasted no time speeding off tiqards the Milky way in order to get to Earth as quickly as possible.

But as we drew closer to the solar system, I felt the Dark One's evil coming closer.

"Dad, please respond. Voltron is coming. Hokd on." Pidge cried, trying to reach her father as we passed Uranus.

"Are we too late?" Hunk asked.

No one dared to speak. But I knew Earth. They wouldn't go down without a fight.

We flew even faster towards Earth when I felt the crystals I had given to Mr. Holt grow strong.

"Katie? Katie is that you?" I heard Sam's voice call through the transmittion.

"Dad, it's me. I'm here." Pidge said her voice filled with happiness and relief.

"Katie, I'm so glad to hear your voice. Where are you?"

"We're within the Solar System. Heading to Earth now."

"Wait! You must stop!" Mr. Holt's warning confused us. Earth was being taken over by the Galra, to which only Voltron could defeat. So why did he want us to stop?

"Say again?" Keith asked.

"Stop. Sendak has invaded the planet. He's taken over Earth. If he finds out that Voltron and Zurine are here, he'll threaten the people of Earth in exchange for the Lions and Child of Sun and Moon."

Sendak was still out there? How many times will we have to defeat this man before he finally gives up?

"Reverse thrusters!" Keith ordered.

"Roger that. Hold on tight!" Hunk said, reversing the thrusters and stopping us in mid-flight. However, we we're stopped right in front of three Galra fighters. They flew towards us and immediately attacked.

"Paladins, we've blocked the patrol's transmissions. You're clear." Mr. Holt informed us.

"Roger that. Let's take 'em out!" Lance shouted. Voltron turned around and faced the patrol fighters head on.

The Red Lion opened its mouth and shot circular disks of energy at the fighters, destroying two of the three.

But as we sped towards the third, Pidge interrupted.

"Wait, don't destroy that ship. We might need it." She said.

"Really? For what?" Lance asked.

"I've got an idea."

True to Pidge's idea, we took out the Galra fighter without damaging it too much. We separated into our lions and flew quickly to Saturn.

"All right, Pidge, what's you plan?" Shiro asked.

"We can't fly to Earth with our Lions without being spotted, so they'll have to stay here on this moon in Saturn's rings, which should keep them hidden from Sendak's radars. We'll fly in another way." Pidge explained as we landed on the moon.

We landed our lions and gathered inside the Galra fighter. Everyone but Keith, Luna and I were sitting in the cargo hold. The three of us left were in the pilot's cockpit.

"Are you ready, Keith?" I asked. He nodded.

"Ready as I'll ever be." He said, powering up the ship and taking flight towards Earth.

"I hope the mice and Kaltenecker aren't too frightened without us there." Allura said.

"You don't have to worry about them, Allura. I'm sure they'll be just fine alone." I reassured.