Best Laid Plans

I had the same dream from the other night, and the same questions were running through by mind as I lay in bed.

What is Zarkon's plan? And what could he do with those subatomic particles in my system.

I was brought out of my thoughts when a knock came from my door.

"Zurine?" A voice said from beyond the door, "Are you awake yet? It's almost time to go."

I slowly removed myself from the warm covers and walked to the door. Ut slud open and revealed Keith standing there with a small smile on his face.

"Oh, hey Keith." I said quietly. His small sweet smile turned to a look of worry. He placed his hands on my shoulders and made me look up at him.

"Are you okay, Zurine? You don't seem like yourself today." He asked. I smiled and brushed off his worry.

"I'm fine, just relieved that this battle will soon be over." I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him along to our lions, "Let's get going. The sooner we defeat Zarkon the better."

We happily went into our lions and preapred for the final battle.

"White." I said in a serious tone, "Can you do a body scan on me, please?"

"You seem tense today, Zurine. Tell me what's bothering you while the scan ks in operation."

The chair I was sitting in transformed into a full body scan. The iron ring from the ground lit up and scanned me from head to toe.

"I've been having the same dream over and over again. Zarkon is telling me that I have subatomic particles inside me from the time I was captured by him. I'm afraid of what these particles could do to me, so I need to know what they are."

My lion purred as the scan was complete and giving me a full diagnostic on the particles inside of me.

"I understand your worry, Zurine. No matter what, I shall protect you from Zarkon. That's what we promised when we first met, remember?"

I smiled and chuckled, "Yes, I remember. You were always so noble and protective, so much so that you created to protect me when you couldn't be there to do so."

"Well I was created by you when you were cured all those years ago. It's my duty to protect you."

I sighed and returned to my scan of the particles inside me. It seems that the particles were too small to get a full reading on them, but I managed to get at least some information on them.

They were small enough to fit at least five of them in the nucleus of an atom. I was amazed by the size, it would be almost impossible to figure out the number of particles in my body.

They also had a special property, they held a liquid inside them. I hoped that it wouldn't do anything too dangerous, but I knew Zarkon.

He finishes what he starts. And I know that he would finish me when he has the chance.

"Everyone lock into position. We're taking this thing up." Shiro said. I oushed away my work and got into my position.

Our lion's mouths' grabbed onto the edges of the large teludav and locked on tightly.

"Princess, we are go for launch."

"Allura, don't push yourself too hard okay? If you need help, don't hesitate to pull back in." I said.

Allura smiled and nodded, then charged the main turbines. We all flew off into space, then flew our lions back to the castle to go over the plan.

"All right guys, listen up." Shiro said pulling up a holographic image of the castle and teludav appeared in front of us.