chapter 8-Luke's debut

Taking time to recover from the headache called a transformation, I managed to recollect all my thoughts. I decided to head over to that demon I killed a bit ago to see if demons decompose faster than humans. You know, for science.

Speaking of science I saw the white haired boy and that white haired girl. They greeted me with the kindest faces you could ever see during a war.

"Why hello Red. My name is Luke. What brings you over here?" Luke asked. He was wearing a Lab coat and had standard glasses with a blue frame. On his right side there was a blue rose mended on to the glasses. He had a necklace with a crystal that sometimes glows if hit by enough sunlight.

"Nothing, I'm just seeing if that demon had rotted away." I replied with the same kind tone they gave me. He looked down at a red mask that looked to be half that demon's face, then looked to me. He summoned a sword in the same fashion I summon Lunny and putts it over to me.

I won't even lie, I nearly dropped it. Finally catching it I put the half mask on out of curiosity.

"So, at a time of war you decided to check on a demon's corpse?" Luke asked. He was a bit confused as to my answer I was sure.

I was going to answer but the mask forced itself onto my face by grabbing on with black tentacle like things. Luke tried to help me get it off but he was too late. It had dug under my eyes and latched on to my teeth to get a better grip. I tried pulling it off but it ended with my face hurting from the mask slamming down on me.

Once Luke got to me I felt a heavy pain in my head as I heard him grunt in a bit of pain. When I got to see what happened to him, he was on the ground holding his chest, unable to catch his breath.

"Lisa, heal!" Luke wheezed. The girl ran over to him and placed her hand on his chest. I saw a green light then noticed Luke wasn't wheezing anymore.

"Okay, try standing Luke." The girl said. Her name was Lisa I believe. Luke stood then looked to me. He pointed to my arms with a look of shock on his face.

"Your arms. Can you fill me in on how they operate?" Luke asked. I looked down to try and see what he was referring to. My arms were glowing green. Instead of just the left having a demonic look, both had.

"I'm not entirely sure. They do look pretty cool." My left had an outer black shell while my right had a white one. they both had an inner glowing area. At the time the light was green.

"By the way, I have a gift for you. I'll go back and get it. In the meantime, go and fight the war." Luke said. Before I could walk off, he called for me. "Before you go. Can you fight me? You know, so I can get a good gauge on your ability."

I was taken back a bit but I answered with a simple "sure". He smiled for a sec. When Lunny came out to assist me Luke had already gotten right in front of me. I knew I couldn't do anything about it so I guarded against his attack. Luke struck hard and fast. His one hit was enough to take me into the air.

I wasn't reacting fast enough to counter. I swear he could fly because he had in the air for a solid minute before slamming me down. All of this happened while he was only striking Lunny. Once I got a chance to look at Lunny, she had been cracked. Standing up, I looked over to Luke who was reading.

"Lisa, your turn." Luke said. His blades were on the ground behind him, I didn't even know he had two up until I got time to look. Lisa got in front of me before I decided to make a move. She was a bit slower so I was able to attack back. She had a yellow blade that was thin. It was fast, but not too fast. Her strikes were more readable and had a bit of time for me to counter in between.

As soon is I got an opening Luke got in the way and knocked me to the ground. "That was a good fight. I'm confident you will be a good asset for the war." He said brushing off his lab coat.

I stood up and nodded. Dean came to find me and take me back to the battleground. He had the face of worry. I guess it was urgent.

-Chapter Eight, complete-

Bonus.

Lisa looked to Luke on the way back to the camp. "You gonna help?" Lisa asked. Luke smiled.

"In a way. But yes, even if it isn't the way you expect." Luke answered. Lisa reached out and grabbed Luke's hand, reminding him of them as children. It also reminded him on his failures.