Chapter 30: Chaos Truly Begins (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

Behind him stood Noah's other friend, the one who managed to do a good job at keeping people from using his name, because I never once heard it. His slender body could easily tower over anyone under 6 feet, it makes me shiver thinking about how intimidating it would be being trapped between his arms.

There was something about how his mocking smirk always stayed in place for any situation that made me feel unease. It never faltered and never left his lips. It was like a default face to cover what laid underneath.

Hannah's tense shoulders relaxed at the sight of Alessandro, making me calm down in the process. She gently lifted my hand with her own.

"Don't leave it hanging down, more blood will just spill. I'll bring you to the nurse, ok?" She whispers over to me.

I didn't respond as I laid my sight upon the four guys in front of me.

"This is none of your business, get your Morte smelling asses out of here," the Imperishable warns as he steps threateningly over to Alessandro's space.

Alessandro didn't hesitate to decrease the distance between them, shoving his buff chest against the other guy's while he cocked his head, staring down at him, belittling the guy with his poisonous eyes. The Imperishable was about 5 foot 9, shorter than the others currently here, who all stood above 6 feet.

"Saint's sister is my business, little man. Why don't you go find your mom and let the adults talk, yeah?" Alessandro seethes through his teeth, his knuckles growing white at his balling fists.

I saw the Imperishable instinctively reach inside his jacket, faltering in his actions as he lets his hand fall to his side. He sets his blazing eyes upon Alessandro's harden face.

"You're lucky we're on school grounds and I can't cut up that atrocious face of yours. I would've loved to place another scar on your jawline," the Imperishable smiled vilely, admiring the faint scar that I now realized Alessandro had.

"I have no time to deal with the likes of you," he replied, his anger sealed away in a split second as he collided his shoulder with the guy.

I stopped paying attention as a shadow casted over me, blocking the gym's light from my face. That's when my eyes connected with light green ones.

"Those motherfuckers," Noah's nameless friend said, staring at my injury with a prominent deep frown.

He settled his hand on my shoulder before running it along my upper arm, trying to soothingly rub me as he asked, "You want me to take you to the nurse?"

I promptly tensed up at his touch, glancing down at his hand before staring at his face that lacked concern. His words held more emotions than his facial features ever could.

Before I could form a reply, Hannah's hand smacked down on the guy's, harshly.

"She doesn't need more trouble. Fuck off," she hissed, instantly grabbing my elbow and pulling me away from him.

Her face had gone sour at his arrival and her shoulders instantly rose up in tension again.

"I would watch that mouth of yours, wouldn't want Noah to find out you've been disrespecting his people," he grins deviously, snapping back into his normal state.