✘ (74) Lucas Bennet

Imagine!

The heat from the sun was radiating down at you sat with your back resting unease my against a jagged brick wall, parents panicking around you

The heat from the sun was radiating down at you sat with your back resting unease my against a jagged brick wall, parents panicking around you. You were completely lost, emotionally and subjectly. Your parents had been missing for two days, and those 48 hours... You'd been completely alone.

Every so often someone would kick you by accident, or step on you without caution. You were getting worried, despite your age, the stress was beginning to build higher and higher to the point of feeling like you had a small house resting on your chest.

You looked up abruptly to the constant feeling of someone staring at you, the burning sensation nagging at your skin. Following your eyes upwards, you were met with your accusation, as you saw a small boy, around your age, leaning against a glass window. He too looked like he had been greatly effected by the tsunami, under dressed and eyes filled with despair.

In quite desperation and lack of previous help, you got onto your aching feet and wandered over to the hospital window. Hesitantly, you placed your hand against the glass and waited for his expression. Soon, he too brought his hand up to match your own. There was a smile shared between the two of you, only parted by the glass window separating you.

Your eyes caught his lips as they began to move, to what you presumed was him miming out his name. To what you could register through the dirty glass, his name was Lucas, and he was looking for his father and brothers. You mimed your name back to him, once he gave the signal he understood, you explained how you had lost your parents.

He gestured you to the side, following his figure through the glass until you met in a hallway. He greeted you with a sounded hello, to which you smiled back a little shyly. He showed you the small notepad he was holding, and the slot where he had already noted your name down.

"I'm sure we can find your family" he smiled, placing a hand on your shoulder. You brought him in for a hug. "Thank you, Thank you!"