✘ (87) Peter Parker

IMAGINE!

Everything had happened so fast that night, like the day had flown by without missing a second

The morning was hectic, starting off with you and Peter getting into an argument about his job as the city's hero. The afternoon had passed by with a solitude apology which followed an intimate session.

And now, here Peter was, chasing after you as your body flew down through the clock tower, only moments away from certain death. Peter knew he could save you, it was possible: he had the strength, capability, speed and agility. So why was he moving so slow? Why was everything getting in the way? Why were you so far apart?

"Peter!" Was the last thing he heard before he turned to see you falling from the platform, his body shortly being thrown towards you. He couldn't loose you, not again, not after last time. He refused, subsided, couldn't do it.

Peter shot what felt like his last web towards you, every sense of strength flowing through the fine wired as it grasped onto the material of your shirt. He managed to grasp a hanging pole, your body jolting as he stopped himself in the air. From where he was hanging, he couldn't tell how far the ground was. He couldn't tell whether or not there was light in your eyes, because you weren't moving. You were just swinging there.

"Y/N?"

...

"Y/N can you hear me?" Peters voice cracked, holding onto you with everything. The seams in his suit were beginning to tear, but if he let go you'd fall. Pulling you upwards, he connected the loose end of the web to the pole, before swinging down and grasping you in his arms. You were only a metre from the ground, untouched but not even KAREN could pick up your heart beat.

"KAREN do a body scan" Peter ordered, his AI getting to work as he pulled the web from your shirt, catching you in his arms and lowering you to the ground. Pulling off his mask, allowed Peters tears to roam freely down his cheeks instead of sinking down into the material of his suit.

"Heartbeat detected, but it's weak, she needs medical attention."

"Call an ambulance"

"On it"

Peter brushed the loose strands of hair away from your face, which was pale and slightly damp from the humidity. "Y/N? Please, please wake up" his voice quivered, propping you up, ensuring to bring you closer to his chest. "Y/N please!" He yelled, tears flowing profusely down his cheeks.

All Peter could think about was his mistakes. Every time he kissed you goodbye without saying 'I love you', or every time he had cancelled a date because of a mission. Every time he could have been spending precious moments with you, as now in this moment... He feared it would be his last.