Chapter 17: Realizing the mistake

Start from the beginning

"How can you be so sure about that?" this couldn't be mistaken. It was a panick Natsu. Lucy wanted to tell him that she was alright, but she still couldn't stir.

The sense of touch was slowly retuning too, and Lucy could feel the cold floor against her naked back. She hoped it was only the back that was naked...

"-you two stop your bickering?!" And angry female voice exclaimed, probably Erza. "-wakes up when she wakes up!"

Everything was like a mumbling, even though it became louder as time went by.

"Lucy-san..." Wendy said, sympathetic. Lucy could now hear clearly, so she could now distinguish between her friends. This was Wendy. There was no doubt in that.

"You have done you best, Wendy," Carla assured her, motherly. "Now all we can do is wait. Remember, Loke and Virgo took her soul to the spirit world. It can take some time, because the time is different there."

"Yes, Carla is right," another voice said. It was... Levy...chan! "We experienced that when we were in the spirit world!"

"I'm truly sorry about Elimar," A voice said. Delora? Lucy was nearly sure about that. "About her memories I mean. I didn't think that he'd... you know... turn dark."

Someone sighed. "It's not your fault," Erza exclaimed, something metallic sounding in the background. "It wasn't your responsibility to keep him clean. And... I'm sorry about... ehm... Haichi."

A sad chuckle sounded. "She's going to be fine," Delora said. "She's a strong girl, she's gonna come around. Same with Lucy, I'm sure of that!"

"Hai," Erza said. "I'm sure of that too."

There was a short silence where only Natsu and Gray's fighting could be heard in the distance.

"If I can ask about something personal," Erza said, probably to Delora again. "What... relationship does you and Haichi have." The distant fighting stopped, and it sounded like all the attention was turned to Delora.

Delora let out a sad chuckle. "We're lovers," Delora said, patting someone's hair. Haichi, Lucy guessed. "We've been that for years now."

Without hesitating Erza answered: "Well, then I'm even more sorry about her. Again, I'm sure she'll wake up!"

There wasn't spoken another word, but Lucy guessed that Delora had either nodded gratefully or looked sad at Haichi.

Lucy felt her body being moved a bit, and then placed on something soft. What was this familiar smell? This weird comfort? This high body temperature?

"Natsuu~" Happy said, continued with a giggle. "What are you doing with Luche?"

"She's doing this with me all the time in the train," Natsu said like it was obvious. "It comforts me, so maybe it's comforting her too!"

Wait, am I laying on Natsu's lap?! Lucy asked herself in her head. Natsu's right, it feels rather nice... oh, gosh what am I thinking? 

"Well, what do you know!" Gray said so you could nearly hear the smirk. "Natsu actually isn't that hopeless after all."

"What do you mean by that, Popsicle?!" Natsu exclaimed, nearly standing up, but then remembered Lucy on his lap.

"Hey," Levy exclaimed. She was close to Lucy, because her voice was rather clear. "I just saw Lucy stir and her eyelids shake!"

It was true. Slowly, all her senses came back at once, in a wave of tingling and numbness. She wanted to move, but her body wasn't ready yet, but her eyes were. Slowly they fluttered open, revealing two big, brown orbs. Confused she gazed around on her surroundings.