Chapter 9: The truth revealed

Hello, minna! ♥

Not very much to say about this chapter, except that I hope you enjoy it. I'm sorry it got a little short, though. There was a lot that happened in this chapter, so I wouldn't overdo it... wow what an excuse

Well, enjoy! ^^

//тнeвιѕcυιтqυeen♥
__________________________________________________________________________________

"It's kinda odd, don't you think?" Erza muttered as she took a sip of her tea. Her, Wendy, Carla and Gray sat on a café to get some desert, though they haven't eaten dinner. Mostly cake for Erza.

"What's odd?" Gray asked.

"Natsu, Lucy and Happy haven't come back yet," Erza said, showing worry in her voice. "Maybe we should go look for them. Maybe Natsu hasn't found Lucy yet."

"I'm sure they are fine," Carla said, sassily. She took her cup and placed it in her lap as she got a premonition.

It was Lucy. She was crying and screaming for help. Ear-piercing screams came out of her mouth. Her arms and legs were attached to a concrete wall, and she was twisting and jerking her limbs to get free. She was in a lot of pain as clouds of golden magic power float out of her. Bruises and cuts covered her body, and her one eye was closed and swollen.

The scene changed and out of nowhere Zeref appeared. Natsu stood, injured, against a wall.

Well, I guess this is the end of the Heartfilia's," He smirked evilly "I have all that magic I need from her. She's a useless peace of garbage. She has always been."

Natsu's face contracted of anger. "How dare you say that about her, you..." Natsu hissed, but then looked back on his imprisoned comrades.

"Carla!" Wendy exclaimed as Carla dropped her cup. "Did you see anything?" Carla looked up for a moment, but then looked away again.

"N-No," She said, without emotion. "It was just me being clumsy."

Why does Zeref need Lucy's magic? Carla thought as she picked up the pieces from the broken cup.
__________________________________________________________________________________

"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" Natsu yelled as he hit the barrier. It didn't even budge an inch. He was just blown about 10 feet back.

"Maybe you should hit it harder?" Happy suggested, but received a death glare from Natsu in response.

"I'm hitting it as hard as I can," Natsu muttered, rubbing the back of his head. "It just... won't break!" But as he said those words the golden barrier slowly disappeared. "W-What...?" Natsu exclaimed as he stood up.

"Natsuu~" Happy exclaimed, sitting on Natsu's head. "The barrier disappeared. We can go see Lucy now!" The exceed sounded exited, but Natsu was everything, but exited! If the barrier disappeared... Elimar must have gone too. If he even had been there, that's it.

They ran, or Happy flew, through the darkness with all their might. Lucy just had to be there! Natsu wasn't ready to go through the horror again. Seeing Lucy in pain. Hearing her screams. Seeing her tears flow. It could not happen again.

Natsu sniffed the air, trying to find the well-known scent. Vanilla and strawberry. Then he found it. It was strong and not to far away. There was no scent of blood in it, which relieved him.

They ran faster. The black trees flew by as they went deeper in to the darkness. The scent was really strong now, but it shocked Natsu that it began to fate. It couldn't!