Chapter 15: So close, yet so far

Hello minna! ♥

Story updating info: So... in next week (from like September 8th till September 12th) I'm going to Berlin on a field trip with my class, and I'm not sure if there's wi-fi on the hotel, but I'll bring my tablet, and write the chapter on there, if I get the time for it. If there is wi-fi, I'll try to write a chapter and publish it before September 12th, and if not... yeah I'll post it after, kay? Good. I don't know if I can get a chapter out before Monday, but if I can... yeah, we'll see.

Enjoy this chapter. ^^

//тнeвιѕcυιтqυeen♥
___________________________________________________________________________________

Natsu forced himself not to look back. He had seen Lily gotten shot down, but had kept on flying. His fists were clenched and his eyes were covered by the shadows.

"Natsuu~" Happy cried. His magic power was nearly used up, but he kept flying. "I can see- ah... I can see the gray building from here!" Natsu looked up, and saw the gray building getting bigger, the closer they flew.

Natsu used his free hand to pet his partners leg, the only thing he could reach. "Great, Happy," he exclaimed. "Soon we'll see Lucy again!"

"Aye..." Happy whimpered, exhausted. The gray building was getting closer. It was actually just a gray box with windows. It was huge and surrounded by trees.

"Happy," Natsu exclaimed, pointing at the mountain ground. "Land here! We can walk the rest of the way!"

"Aye..." Happy whimpered again. Happy's speed slowed down, and they moved closer to the ground. Natsu landed soundlessly on his feet, and caught the exhausted exceeds in his arms.

"Happy..." he murmured, sadly, looking down at this magic weakened partner. "You... should stay here. Rest."

Happy looked at Natsu with big eyes. "N-No, I want to help Lushee..." Natsu smirked at him, petting his head.

"You got it, partner," Natsu place Happy on his shoulder, feeling the small exceed paws clenching to his vest. "Let's go get Lucy!"

Stealthily, Natsu snuck up to the gray building. It was plain and boring, but a faint sound came out of the two, closed iron doors. A faint scream, but the owner was unknown.

Natsu chose to ignore the faint screams, and snuck into the building. On his shoulder, Happy was breathing heavily on his shoulder, which comforted him a little.

Inside the gray building, tons of hallways were winding through it. It was like a maze! The faint screams were still there, a little louder, but it echoed too much to recognize the owner.

How the hell do we find her now? Natsu thought looking around.

It was like Happy had read his thoughts. "Natsuu~" he cried. "You are a Dragon Slayer, you know!"

"Oh," Natsu said, rubbing his back, awkwardly. "Right." He tilted his head back, and with small sniffs, he began his search for Lucy.

After a while he finally found the familiar scent of vanilla and strawberry, but something was up. The familiar and comforting scent was mixed with something... strange. Metallic. Blood...

Suddenly it all made sense. The faint screams and smell of blood... it was all Lucy! Lucy was probably in real pain at them moment.

"Happy..." Natsu whispered, paralyzed by shock. "Lucy... he hurt... Lucy!" His eyes were filled with anger, and with that, he started running. Heck, he was even about stumble sometimes, but he kept going.

The scream became louder as far they went in, and after a minute Natsu recognized Lucy's scream. He ran faster, and suddenly they reached the a huge door. The screams behind the door were pained.