Chapter 8: Friends by heart

Hello, minna! ♥

Kinda important I guess: There might be a little tiny Gralu in this chapter BUT it's in the friendly way. I have this headcanon where Lucy and Gray have this brother-sister friendship. So no romantic since this is a NaLu fanfiction, and not a love triangle one. Plus, I ship Gruvia really much. ^^

Hey... feel free to leave a comment of what you think about my fanfiction! 

//тнeвιѕcυιтqυeen♥
__________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you miss me?" Elimar asked with an evil grin on his face. This was really bad!

Why did she remember him? She didn't remember an event he had appeared in, she just remembered him.

Elimar had lifted his hand, and began to gesture it towards the edge of the bed. Lucy's body followed the hand gesture, and as he clenched his hand, Lucy sat down. He then locked the door. Crap!

"H-How did you...?" Lucy whispered, but couldn't quite get the words out.

"It's about time that we have a little bit of a talk, don't you think?" Elimar said. His evil grin had turned into a friendly smirk. What was he planning?

"W-Why should I talk to you?" Lucy asked, still whispering. Elimar sat down besides her, and stroke her cheek. She tried to move away, but she was stuck.

"Well, why wouldn't you, Lucy?" Elimar asked, with a innocent and confused face. "We were dear friends before you lost your memories after all. Don't you remember?" Lucy was confused. How could he say those kind of things? He was the one who took her memories after all. Wasn't he?

"What do you mean by that?" Lucy asked, gasping slightly. "Y-You were the one who took my memories in the first place!" First he looked rather confused, but then he put on a grin. Lucy couldn't tell if he was acting or not.

"Is it that those Fairies told you?" He let out a laugh. "Oh, Lucy. I should've known those Fairies would tell you lies. After all... their guild has always been like that. Huh, they even gave you their guild mark in your sleep." He took her hand in his. Lucy looked down at the mark. She thought back on the guild. Mira hugging her, Levy calling her "Lu-chan"... Lies?

"What do you mean by lies?" Lucy asked, a little more firmly this time.

"Well, you have been tricked, sweetheart," Elimar replied, letting out a sight. "They told you that it was me that took your memories. But actually, your memories are lost, Lucy. Gone. Blown away into the thin air." Lucy's eyes widened. They shook in sadness. "It was an accident that happened. It was the evil mage, Zeref, who made them disappear. We were on a mission when he suddenly appeared. I don't know how he took them, but they are gone Lucy. I'm sorry about that." Lucy's eyes shook in sorrow. Tears were beginning to flow down of her cheeks. Elimar dried one of them off, looking at her in sympathy.

"Why... why would they lie to me?" Lucy asked, looking up. "T-They treated me so well... They are my..." 

"Friends?" Elimar asked, amused. "Don't be fooled by their empty kindness. They did it because if they give you to Zeref, they can get a hefty prize." Lucy's eyes widened. They wouldn't do those things, would they?

"Lucy, come with me," Elimar said, putting his other hand on top of Lucy's. "You and I can continue where we left. We could..." He was interrupted by yell.

"Ice make," Gray yelled from the door he just broke down. "Lance!" Hundreds small lances flew in Elimar's direction, but he dodged them all with just a single jump. When Lucy finally regained control of her body, she nearly jumped against the wall in surprise.

"Lucy, don't listen to what he says!" Gray exclaimed, angrily as he walked inside the room. Literally stepping on the door. "He tries to manipulate you. You have never met him before that day!" Lucy found Gray more trustworthy, but... why did she remember Elimar if he hadn't been dear to her?

"At least think about my offer, Lucy," Elimar said, smirking before he disappeared into a cloud of mist. Gray sent another round of lances, but they just went through the mist and hit the wall.

"What kind of magic does that bastard use...?" Gray muttered under his breath. He then turned to the frightened Lucy, who was leaning against the wall. "Lucy are you okay? I promise we won't hurt you. He was trying the manipulate you." Lucy looked at Gray for a moment. She then looked at the guild mark on her hand. Who should she trust? Suddenly she felt warm tears on her cheeks. Dammit! She quickly wiped them off again.

"Just promise me that you won't hand me over to this Zeref guy..." Lucy whispered, her hair covering her eyes. Gray looked surprise for once.

"What do you mean by Zeref...?"

"Elimar t-told me that you could get a big prize if you handed me over to... Zeref," Lucy whispered, looking down at her feet.

"Lucy..." Gray muttered. "Why would he say that? Is Zeref involved in this?"

"I don't know anything..." Lucy said, not whispering anymore. "I just have two different stories. One where Elimar takes my memories, and one where Zeref takes them. And who is he?"

"We'll tell you later. For now, we have to find the others and tell them what just happened," Gray said firmly, looking at Lucy. "Are you comfortable enough to walk with me?" Lucy nodded and together the went out to find their comrades.
__________________________________________________________________________________

"This is even better then Mira's food," Natsu exclaimed, swallowing at least five pieces of chicken. Happy replied with an "Aye, siir~" and swallowed the content on his plate. "Don't tell her I said that!"

Natsu and Happy had found a nice, not too expensive, restaurant. They had been eating for half an hour soon. Suddenly two well-known figures appeared in the horizon. They were both running, though one of them were a little behind the other. It was Gray and Lucy!

"Oi, what's going on?" Natsu exclaimed, standing up. "Why are you in such a hurry?" Gray and Lucy reached the restaurant. Gray barely broke a sweat, whilst Lucy rested her hands on her knees, panting.

"Elimar visited," Gray exclaimed. Natsu's eyes widened and he clenched his fists. "He tried to manipulate Lucy into thinking that he was her friend, and we would give her over to Zeref. And… it looks like he broke a little of her trust to us..." Natsu immediately looked at Lucy, who looked quite uncomfortable again. Her hair was shadowing her eyes.

"What has Zeref to do with this?" Natsu growled, trying to contain his anger.

"How should I know? I just made sure she was safe!" Gray exclaimed. Natsu's expression softened and he looked at Gray, in gratitude.

"Hai, arigato," Natsu said, actually smiling at him. "You looked out for her when I couldn't."

"Y-Yeah, whatever..." Gray mumbled, looking away. Natsu then smirked evilly because he embarrassed Gray. Behind him Lucy looked just as uncomfortable as before, but with a blush warming her face. She looked down at her boots, with her left hand planted on he right arm.

"Oi, Luce," Natsu exclaimed, a little too loudly, making Lucy gasp. Natsu let out a chuckle. "You don't seriously believe this guy, do you? We would never do something like that!"

Lucy hesitated a bit before she said something. "I don't know," she admitted, which made Natsu, Gray and Happy's eyes widen. "I just don't know anything, okay? Everything is confusing! I just... need some time." And with that, she left. She ran. Ran faster then she could. She disappeared into the horizon, leaving three speechless boys. 

"Dammit," Natsu cursed, clenching his fist. "We have to find Erza and Wendy to tell them what just happened!"

"Aye, sir!" Happy murmured, sadly. "Hey, Natsu?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Do you think that Lushee would get cheered up if I gave her a fish?" Natsu laughed happily of his partner, and petted him friendly on his head.

"I'm sure she'll love it!" 
__________________________________________________________________________________

The forest was totally dark. Only the silhouette of the trees could be seen. But Lucy found it comforting. She liked the dark. It was relaxing for her eyes, though she couldn't even see her own boots.

A branch broke as she stepped on it. She was too exhausted to run anymore, so she fell down on her knees. After a few seconds of panting she got up on her feet again.

"So," a voice whispered in the dark. "I presume you have considered coming with me."

Elimar!
__________________________________________________________________________________

"What?" Erza exclaimed, after the boys had told her the story. "Where is she now?" Gray and Natsu exchanged frightened looks. What would happen to them when she figured that they didn't know? Wendy also looked quite frightened, though it wasn't her Erza yelled at.

They had found Erza, Carla and Wendy looking at clothes in an expensive store. Girls...

"W-Well," Natsu mumbled, looking down at his shoes. "She kinda ran off... I could sniff her scent up, but something tells me that we should... leave her alone..."

Erza looked down in the ground and shook her head. "Baka! Lucy just lost her memories to an evil mage. Do think we should leave her alone?" Now a bell rang in Natsu's head. 

"God Dammit!" Natsu exclaimed, his hair shadowing his eyes. "I should have known that. I should have followed her!"

"Yeah, you should have known." Gray muttered, leaning against the store wall in boredom.

"Hey, you were there too!" Natsu exclaimed as the anger mark appeared on his forehead. All three girls shook their heads. Boys... No, dense boys...

Erza then turned to Gray. "Okay, two things." Gray looked confused. "First thing; Gray your clothes-" Gray looked down at himself and exclaimed: "When did this happen?!" Erza continued: "We have to find Lucy, so I..." She was about to say something when Wendy poked her shoulder.

"Erza-san," Wendy whispered. "Natsu-san and Happy already left." Erza looked up only to be met by a big cloud of dust. She cursed as her eyes followed the two figures in the horizon.

"I think he got it," Erza said, smiling a little. "Those two really have something together. I think he can win her trust back, if not just cheer her up a little."

Wendy smiled of the thought, so did Gray, but he hid it by turning around.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Natsu and Happy arrived to the forest. It was pitch dark and Lucy's scent was deep in there. Happy wasn't that exited to go inside the forest, but he knew it was best if he did. Best for Lucy. She probably needed a friend to cheer her up right now. And what would cheer someone more up like a warm snuggly hug from a blue exceed.

"Okay, Happy," Natsu whispered, trying to form a circle they could discuss plans in. "We're not gonna go to her right away, but-"

"But, Natsuu~" Happy exclaimed, which made Natsu shush him. "I brought a fish to Lushe! And I don't like when she is sad." Natsu smiled sadly.

"I know you don't," He said, still slightly whispering. "But we are just gonna observe her for a bit. Like... bodyguards! Or ninjas! Just to make sure that... she's out of danger, 'cause..." He was interrupted again by Happy, who sang: "Because you lllllliiikeee her!"

"Ey, knock it off, will ya?" Natsu exclaimed annoyed. "So, wanna play ninjas?" Happy nodded, and took position in his "Ninja stand". Natsu folded his scarf around his head to look more ninja-ish. 

It was really silly, but both Happy and Natsu enjoyed playing ninja. They were ready to go into the forest, but something stopped them. A barrier! As Natsu walked into it at began to shine gold at the place he hit... This was no good! The gold color. He had seen it somewhere before...

Elimar!

"Natsuu~" Happy cried as he bunked his head into the barrier. "What do we do? Lushee is in there!"

"With..." Natsu snarled. "...him!"
__________________________________________________________________________________

Elimar! His voice was everywhere. In her head, to the left, up, forward, everywhere!

"E-Elimar," Lucy whispered, holding both of her hands just under her mouth. "I don't know anything! Why do you even want me to go with you?"

"I told you," He said. His voice was comforting, and made Lucy's eyes heavy. She forced them open. "I want to continue where we left. We were dear friends. Why else would you remember me?" There it was! The keyword!

"I-I never told you that I remembered you," Lucy said. "And how do you even know that they want to hand me over the this Zered-guy?" Elimar didn't answer at first, but then he spoke.

"Because their guild is like that, it has always..." He stopped him self, mid-sentence. She could particular hear him shaking his head. "You know what? I'm done playing nice. You are coming with me!" A black mist cloud appeared in the pitch-black night, lighting up in the dark. Elimar stepped out of it. He lifted his hand and that alarmed Lucy. She grabbed her keys and was about to call the only spirit she knew the name of. Loke.

"I open the gate of..." She couldn't say more before her eyelids got to heavy for her to keep up. She fell, head first, and hit the ground with a loud crash.

"Sleep tight, Lucy Heartfilia," Elimar said as he walk over to her. "See you when you wake up." 
__________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, no! Did Elimar just capture Lucy? What is his and Zeref's plan?

Stay tuned for the next chapter, The truth revealed