Lilies and Red Carnations [Licht/Hyde]

(A/N: This was a LawLicht One-Shot request made by @Tsukiuta13! Thanks for requesting!

I changed the request a little without telling you about it, which is how Licht 'helped' Hyde and the fact that Hyde had already liked Licht before this whole thing. Sorry!

I've always wanted to write these kinds of one-shots, y'see. And I think that Kranz is a bit of a wingman for Hyde here? Just that he's quite a poor one? Maybe? :P

I hope you like it! And this turned out to be way more longer than I opted it to be! Over 12000 words in fact! :O)

-/-

Lilies; This lovely flower usually blooms in summer, and is often interpreted as a symbol of renewal and rebirth. Lilies most commonly mean devotion or purity, though meaning can vary by type of lily, culture, and color. The lily can be a powerful symbol of the spirit of a loved one that offers hope and encouragement to a grieving family.

Red carnations: Deep Love and Admiration; Giving a bouquet of red carnations tells the other person that you love them and that you feel something special for them.

~{&}~

"Ophelia! Let's run away! They're going to kill you if you stay here so let's hurry and go already!" Lawless tried to persuade the blonde as he took her hand in his and pulled gently, hoping to convince her because she didn't deserve to die.

She was Juliet and he was Romeo in the story of Romeo and Juliet, but he had just wished that their story wouldn't have ended up like theirs.

It was his one and only wish, he wasn't that greedy (ironic since his sin was literally 'Greed') so why couldn't have God just granted this for him?

Ophelia shook her head, her long swaying hair that was tied up into a high-ponytail cascading down her back (he remembered on how he loved to braid her hair when she was younger), her long beautiful gown seemingly dancing with the wind.

Oh, how beautifully sorrowful she looked at the moment, so much so that it took Lawless's breath away.

"I can't, Lawless," Ophelia sighed as she hung her head low sorrowfully,"You know I can't. I'm doing this for the Kingdom which I dearly love. What I want is peace for this country."

"I will become the symbol of peace. I will become the knot between these two countries. I am going to die for self-realization and you can't stop me," She stated with a determined look in her eyes.

And even though Lawless loved every part of Ophelia, cherished it even, he hated it when she had that look in her eyes.

It meant that she was dead-set on something and nothing would ever change her mind.

Tears started to spill from Lawless's eyes, staining his black and medieval clothes wet; he knew how selfless his princess was, how she had loved her kingdom dearly, so he should have expected this kind of reaction from her.

But it pained him so much and he had just wished that she was a bit more selfish, selfish enough to even care for her own life!

He shook his head frantically, desperately hoping that he could at least change her decision a little, and he practically begged,"P-Please, Ophelia! Please, don't do this! They don't deserve you! Just run away with me and we can act like nothing happened, so please...Please, just be selfish for once!"

Ophelia stared at him with a smile but that smile didn't reach her eyes; in fact, it made her look even sadder, and it absolutely broke his heart.

She looked like she had already accepted her doomed fate with open arms, arms that he desperately tried to close but to no avail since her willpower was so damn strong.