incarceration [Yandere Kuro/Mahiru] [Chapter 2]

[A/N: Hello, new chapter here. Received quite a couple of comments wanting me to continue this so I guess I shall since I also do want to write more morbid-morale-grey-Kuro because there's not that many out there!

I'll also be sectioning this chapter off because the next chapter will involve heavy and dark content that a lot of people might not like — as hinted by my AO3 tags for this fic — so yeah, please do pardon me if the end seems a bit too off.

Thanks for supporting this and happy readings!]

~{&}~

Sunlight behest themselves through the cracks of a curtain, shining their rays onto a poor unsuspecting brunet. The said brunet groaned as he felt unwilling to open his eyes to the world. The warm comfort that the silky bed sheets provided and the soft pillows that held his head gently was far too heavenly for him to part away so quickly. A little longer, he begged of the sun. Just a little longer.

Alas, the sun did not heed his mortal wishes and sent more rays of light through his windows. The brunet cursed the sun's sadism before conceding and slowly opened his eyes. A shame, really, considering how comfortable his bed was. It was softer than he usually remembered it to be but that was fine to him. If Kuro was here, he would've—

Wait.

Mahiru's mind paused at that.

Kuro.

In a second, he jolted up from his previous position into an upright seating position. A bad move, really, as his aching joints screamed from the suddenness of the action. He gasped softly at the pain but decided to put his aching body at the back of his mind right now for there was something more important at play here.

The memories of last night.

A groan escaped from his lips as memories of what happened last night surged through his brain like a tsunami and it was completely overwhelming him. He gritted his teeth as every realisation slapped him at once like him running head first into a brick wall. A searing headache was starting to form the longer he thought about it.

Did the events that occurred last night really happen? Kuro would never do that to him or to anyone else that was their ally, so was it really him? But he said something along the lines of him not being possessed by the one in the rose, so he didn't really know.

In fact, he found himself at a loss the longer he pondered about it. His memory was really hazy at the moment so he couldn't remember much. It was as if some aspects had been blocked off and guarded and it really sent him down a spiral as he started to question how true his memories were if he couldn't remember much of it. As much as the experience felt real to him, if what happened last night really was true, then why was he lying down comfortably in his bed right now?

Maybe... maybe it was just a nightmare? Mahiru thought as he used his hand to flick his sweaty hair up and away from his face. He looked around his room and found it to be the exact same as it was when he and Kuro left for the Alicein mansion.

Nothing was out of the ordinary. His closet was still slightly ajar from the rush of yesterday morning, his calendar hadn't been marked off and the always slanted clock that he was way too short to move and that Kuro was too lazy to adjust was still slightly slanted. It all still looked the same.

Except for one aspect.

Kuro wasn't here.

A chill went down Mahiru's spine.

Where was Kuro?

The anxiety started to creep up on him again. Mahiru was always the first to wake up between them both to cook breakfast and when he did wake up, Kuro's cat form would always be by his side, supplying the bed with the little amount of body heat that his animal form could provide. Kuro would always complain whenever he started to stand up, saying something along the lines of it being too early for this.