impromptu encounters [Billionaire Kuro/ Detective Mahiru]

Star crossed lovers in Highschool, broken hearts after. Fast forward a couple years and their fates entwine with each other once more.

Kuro's a billionaire who had to reluctantly leave Mahiru behind in Highschool due to specific reasons and is trying to search for him again. Mahiru's your everyday detective who's trying his best to hide away from him and the rest of the whole world.

They meet up in the most unlikely of events— a grand heist operation in an auction.

~&~

Rain pelted onto their hair and bodies heavily, soaking their high school uniforms deeply as it stuck to their skins like adhesive glue. Warmth escaped their bodies quickly, seeping out more the more both males continued to stand in the rain without an umbrella to cover their heads. It was cold enough to send a person into a shivering and sneezing mess and yet, both males stood still, unwavering to the end of time.

The shorter brunet male, Shirota Mahiru, stood still as he stared at the tall azure-haired other, Sleepy Ash (or, who he nicknamed as Kuro) with wide and hollow eyes.

Kuro (or should he call him Sleepy Ash now?) gazed back with glassy eyes that were covered by the mist of the rain. Although they were masked, Mahiru could definitely clearly see the regret and pain behind them. The scene was pitiful and yet Mahiru could only scornfully laugh at it.

How ironic that he was the one showing pain.

"What did you just say?" Mahiru glowered through the heavy droplets of rain that shot like bullets down his body.

He heard something. Something the male said. Just something. But what was it, he wondered? He had to ask again, as there was no way that he just heard that right. After all, they were all just having fun on their date together earlier, so there was no way that he heard that correctly. There was utterly no way.

The other looked miserably pitiful, hanging his head low as if he was at the gallows the moment he heard his question. Which, to be fair, Mahiru felt that they really were at the moment with the given circumstance.

With a shaking sigh, Kuro answered.

"We should break up."

The rain could never be louder than ever than today— and yet, to the two, it sounded both loud and painfully quiet to their aching hearts.

A sword stabbed through Mahiru's heart the moment his ears caught wind of those words, his mind shutting down with only one thought to it:

What went wrong?

"...Why?"

Why would you say that?

Kuro looked away, trying his best to not look into his eyes.

"You're not the one for me— neither am I the one for you... right now."

There was an unspoken and hidden message that spoke through those words, known only to Kuro himself, but the rain made it hard for the brunet to think coherently at the moment to even attempt to make out the meaning behind them. Another shot went through Mahiru's chest, making it harder to breathe. He felt like falling over straight into hell. He jested that the pain from hell wouldn't feel any different from the pain he was experiencing right now.

"That's it?"

Then what of the sweet promises that you had whispered to me? What of the ridiculous antics that you always had whenever we were together? What of the happy moments and difficulties that we both went through and overcame together?