II | 08 - Yshi Work

— YSHI PoV —

USUAL WAS never been the right word when I saw Solee in front of me after my class.

Glam was not visible in her anymore. She's not shinning like she usually do and that glint of haughtiness is all gone. She look still the same but her air of arrogance is gone. This sight is clearly sudden for me. What happened to Solee?

"What's up, Solee?" Tanong ko sa kanya ng yayain ko siya sa Locke Cafe.

Before, we were used on sitting at the center of attention, now we're both sitting at the edge like our minds were in sync on this particular spot. I even asked Bree to make a room for us. A privacy that she glady gave to us even if she doesn't like Solee at all. Di ko naman siya puwedeng dalhin sa condo ni Justin and I know di rin siya papayag na dun kami mag-usap. I don't want her to know our den either— at least for Justin's privacy and safety.

She also lie-lowed after meeting Geo. Di na rin niya ako ginugulo pagkatapos ng araw na yun. I know they get along well, I made sure of that before leaving the both of them. Now, what's going on? What went wrong?

"I'm pregnant." She said after a long pause waking me up from reviewing our last meeting.

My eyes immediately dropped on her tummy. Yes. She could be pregnant. Judging from her form, she could be one. Pumayat siya at medyo lumubo na nga ang tiyan nya. It's a major trouble for her. Kapag nalaman yun ni Tanda talagang papatayin siya neto. Getting pregnant is a heinous crime for her. Of course, paano sila makakatrabaho and in the same way paano magkakapera si Tanda kung may laman ang tiyan niya?

"Does Granny know?" Kaswal na tanong ko. I should test the waters too even if I already had an idea.

Umiling siya. "I can't risk my child's life, Yshi." At tumawa siya ng mapakla. "I can't risk her life, but it means risking mine. Ano bang nangyayari sa'kin?" She looked lost. Unlike Samantha, this is the first time Solee got pregnant. She always play safe, now she play the risky part. She's always calm and collected, now she looks shaken from the core.

I smiled and held her hand. For a selfish woman, she did managed to think her child's life and sake. She changed.

"Solee, magiging mommy ka na. Normal lang na protektahan mo ang anak mo." Malumanay na sagot ko sa tanong niya.

"Anong gagawin ko? I can't work in this state, Yshi." She's really a mess.

Ni minsan hindi sumagi sa utak ko na darating ang panahon na makikita ko siyang ganito kalugmok. She always keep herself safe, now she's far from being who she was. Far from safe zone. Far from being the old Solee who can make everything under control.

"Tutulungan kita." Alok ko sa kanya.

"Hindi mo man lang ba itatanong kung sino ang ama ng dinadala ko?" Nagtatakang tanong niya.

Umiling ako. "It's your choice to tell me or not. Pero tutulong ako sa'yo. I am looking on your sake and the baby."

Napatitig siya sakin bago nagsalita. "You changed a lot."

Ngumiti ako at pinisil ang kamay niya. "You'll change for the better too, Solee. It only takes time though. And for that little life inside you, it's still a blessing for you, Solee. Wag kang mawalan ng pag-asa."

"Sana nga." She replied trying not to shed a tear.

I never knew time would come that I will feel her pain right now. She looks so lost and vulnerable.

"Solee, tao ka lang. Wag mong ipunin sa loob mo lahat ng sakit na nararamdaman mo. I am here to listen." I said softly.

My hatred for her is completely gone. Siguro dahil sa ginawa niyang pagliligtas sa akin sa kamay ni Mikal. She took her first love's life to save mine and that is more than I expect her to do. I owe her big time and I could never repay her kindness.