XXXII

Leopold sat next to Josiah with a bottle of water in hand. He had just finished the ten laps around the castle's perimeter that Calamity had made everyone do. He looked up at her, conflict clear on his face. She had her hands on her hips as she watched the progress of his pack. She had them practicing hand-to-hand combat. She told them to partner up with someone that was close in physical stature to them, and Josiah was the closest Leo could get.

"You've been acting weird all day. What's going on?" Josiah asked intuitively.

I can't say it out loud, Leopold mindlinked his beta.

It must be serious then. Come on. Out with it already, Josiah responded mentally.

Last night... I was with Calamity-

You two didn't have sex did you? Jo interrupted.

I wish. I don't know what to do. Josiah, I'm in love with her... I don't know how it happened. This feels too fast. I don't think she feels the same either. I can't tell her, either. If she doesn't feel the same way, she'll distance herself, Leopold explained. He looked pleadingly at Josiah, silently begging him for help on such a sensitive topic.

Josiah's wide eyes showed how uncomfortable he seemed with this information. The only thing you really can do is tell her. Hiding it will only pent up your emotions. Knowing you, you'll explode at some point and tell her at a completely inappropriate time. I seriously think you should tell her. You guys are mates. If she doesn't feel that way now, then she will eventually. Just make sure that you let her know that you aren't trying to rush her into anything. If a woman thinks you're trying to rush her or anything, she'll want to do it even less.

Personal experience? Leopold smirked at Jo.

Jo nodded with raised eyebrows and pursed lips. You'll find out someday. His eyes went wide. Luna alert! He ducked his head to avoid eye contact with Calamity.

"Why aren't you two training?" She raised an eyebrow.

Leopold stood unsteadily, almost tripping over himself. "S-Sorry we'll get right on that."

Calamity frowned. "Are you alright?" She raised her hand to touch his forehead, but he pulled away.

Leo forced a smile. "Absolutely peachy. Let's go, Jo." He dragged Josiah away quickly, leaving a confused (and slightly hurt) Calamity in their wake.

Calamity decided to just go back to training the werewolves.

"You really need to get your head checked. Didn't you just say that you love her?" Jo accused as soon as they were out of ear shot.

"Everytime she touches me I get the urge to mark her, and I know that she isn't ready for that. I don't want to scare her away. It's only gotten worse, since I realized that I love her. When she touches me I feel my canines aching to sink into her neck. When she touches me I just want to rip her clothes off," Leopold said, his voice growing huskier with each word. "I saw her in nothing but a towel this morning. She makes everything so complicated. Do you know what it's like to see your mate in nothing but a towel?"

Josiah gave him a bored look. "Yes, Leo. I do."

"Right." Leo had almost forgotten that Jo had a mate of his own. "I slept in her bed. My head was on her breasts. I'm never going to be able to sleep without her again."

Josiah blew out a long breath of air that almost seemed like a failed attempt at a whistle. "That I totally understand. I barely got any sleep in the human realm without my mate."

Leo sighed. That meant that it didn't get any better with time; it would only get worse. Leo looked up at Calamity who just so happened to glance in his direction. Leo got into a fighting stance before Calamity came over and said something about them neglecting their training. Jo easily followed suit. They threw simple punches and kicks, both of them easily dodging. They went around each other in a circle taunting one another.

Leopold glanced up to see Calamity talking to another male hurriedly. He was easily taller than her, a pack warrior. She grabbed his hand and inspected it. She pulled him over to a wooden bench and grabbed a towel, before pouring some water on it. She placed the wet cloth on his hand. The smell of blood wafted into Leo's nose. The man was obviously injured, but all that Leo saw was Calamity touching another man. Leo caught the fist that Jo threw and squeezed tightly.

"Okay, ow, ow, ow!" Jo exclaimed at the pain Leo had him in. Leo glanced back at Jo and released him.

He was seething, glaring at the unknown male.

Calamity's head whipped up from the wound on the male's hand. "I'm sorry. I'll be right back." She jogged over to Leopold. "What is wrong with you? I could smell your testosterone from over there."

Leo huffed. "Why were you touching him?" He demanded.

Calamity facepalmed. "I understand now. There isn't any need to be jealous. I was just treating his wound." Calamity grabbed his hand and sat him on a bench a couple steps further away. She ran her hand over his face, calming him instantly. She grabbed his chin between her thumb and pointer finger. "You're the only man I'm interested in." She left him a chaste kiss on the cheek, and she ran her hand down the length of his face again before walking back to the injured trainee.

"What was that about?" The warrior asked politely.

"I had to cool down your alpha before he ripped your head off," she replied unaffected.

"What?" The male's voice went up a few octaves. He was obviously shaken at the thought of his king being angry with him.

"It's fine now. I took care of it." Calamity cleaned off the blood on his hand before healing his wound. "Good as new. Get back to work."

He bounded off quickly.

Leopold huffed at the male that finally left his mate alone.

"I hope you know that you're totally screwed," Josiah commented. "You're completely smitten. You are definitely gonna have to talk to her about your situation before you kill some poor sod that she just looks at. Have you guys even clarified what you are relationship wise?"

Leopold whipped his head up to look at Jo. "I didn't think I needed to. It should be implied. We are mates after all. Not to mention, we've gotten pretty intimate a few times."

"If you haven't said it, then you aren't it. To stake your claim you need to stick a label on it. Is she your lover, your girlfriend? Mate doesn't mean much to some people. If you get into a fight, she can use your lack of a title against you," Jo explained.

Leo knew he was right. She had already done so before. They needed to have a talk. He needed to talk to her about his feelings and their relationship before he lost control of both.