Nezumi x Reader

Cheesy Love

Nezumi x reader

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War

I do not own the picture.
________________________________

Beep beep beep

Groaning I reach over and turn off my alarm clock cursing myself for promising I'd take care of the cows before going to work.

'Why can't cows wait to be milked till it's actually past dawn?'

Forcing myself out of bed I get dressed in a comfy (f/c) shirt and some battered jeans. Then make my way out of the house to the barn. The sun isn't even over the horizon yet so the entire wall over is completely pitch black but it's not safe to have too many lights on so I can't bring a candle. Luckily I can tell I've gotten closer to the barn by the loud mooing.

Pulling up a stool to the first cow I place a bucket under her utter and start milking. It's been a few years since the civil war started in my country. Most people have a hard time getting food and such. Thankfully my families little cheese and dairy store is enough to keep money coming in.

We usually get soldiers come in more then ordinary civilians. Most of them are just desperate for any food that's not stale rations so when they find us they are willing to spend a pretty penny on homemade cheese.

According to father there's been one specific solider who's been coming in more and more often. He singlehandedly has bought so much we've been able to buy another cow. Though she's much too young to milk still.

'I wonder what he's like and why he likes cheese so much? Is the food they supply really that bad?'

Shaking my head clear of the thought I grab the now full bucket of milk and pat (cow/n) on the side.

'Good job (cow/n).'

I take the bucket back to the house where I leave it on the table for my father. Then I grab an apron and head to the cheese store.

Today is the first day in a long time that father has deemed it safe for me to work in the store again. We're relatively close to the war zone, but there's been a recent ceasefire which means I get to work again.

Opening up the store I take an a deep breath smelling all the delicious cheeses.

'Oh how I've missed this!'

I turn the store sign to open before heading behind the counter to start sorting the cheese and waiting for customers.

———— time skip————-

Sitting back in my chair I let out an exhausted breath I hadn't noticed I was holding.

Only ten minutes after opening the store was flooded with civilians who normally would be too scared to leave their homes.

Looking down at the money I have stored in the makeshift cash register I can't help but smile. This will be enough to feed the cows for a weeks along with father and I.

Suddenly a ding sounds off meaning the door has opened and new customer has walked in makes me look up.

"Hello! Anything I can help you with?"

The sleepy silver haired male looks up at me. He is dressed up in a light weight white armor with a thin sword at his hip. I can't help but giggle at little white rat ears covering his normal ears.

"I would like some of your best cheese." He says in a slow exhausted tone.

Jumping up from my chair I guide him over to some of our best cheeses.

"So we just made a batch of Brie and Cheshire. For aged we have some fine Cheddar."

The white haired male just lets out a small tired hum like sound as I show off our fresh cheeses.

"I'll take two of each." He says before walking over the the counter.

Quickly I grab the cheeses and run over to the counter happy to have had such a big purchase. This much be the cheese loving solider my father told me about.

"So what's your name?"

"Most people just call me Nezumi"

I can't help but giggle a little 'So a rat that likes cheese huh?'

"What's your name?" He asks breaking me out of my little giggle fit.

"My name is (y/n). You really enjoy cheese don't you Nezumi?" I ask as I check him out.

"Yeah, finding this place was one of the only food things about this war."

'He doesn't seem to really care about war even though he's probably a really powerful solider. Wonder why?' I wonder

"Well I'm glad you like our little store! My father has told me about you so I was really happy to get to meet you on one of my days working!"

As I say that I notice he has a faint pink flash across his cheeks before speaking up again.

"Well it was nice to meet you too. Every time I would come here your dad wouldn't stop talking about his amazing daughter. So it's nice to meet the beautiful woman in person."

Now it's my turn to blush feeling my entire face heat up.

'Did he just call be beautiful?! His voice is so monotone so I can't tell if he's joking or not but he seems serious!'

He slightly smiles probably noticing that I'm now as red as a tomato.

"Listen, I've got some special intel that indicates that this war will be ending soon. Afterwards you wanna go out with me?"

Unable to speak I just quickly nod and he smiles for the first time since he's been in the shop. He hands me the money for the cheese and starts to leave the store.

"I'll be back in about two weeks (y/n)."

He waves as he leaves the store. Leaving me kinda dumbfounded on what just happened.

'The war is gonna end! Not just that but I'm gonna have a date with a handsome solider!'

————Nezumi POV———-

'I can't believe it. All the paths I tried she said yes. Let's get this pointless war over with so I finally get on that date.'