Aru Akise x Reader

My Own Will

Aru Akise x Reader

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

(It's a bit AUish)
___________
I, (y/n) (l/n), am the amazing assistant to the soon-to-be world famous detective, Aru Akise. We have know each other for years and know everything about each other! Well mostly... one thing Aru doesn't know is that I have always had a huge crush on him. He's just so nice and smart and let's not forget-

I brought my hand up to my head to console the small bump that had formed. Aru had thrown a pen at my head to get my attention.

"(Y/n), are you even listening!" He huffed out annoyed at my spaciness. I giggled a little at his anger.

"Yes! ...Maybe..." He sighed and calmly looked over to me.

"I have a plan to help Yukiteru-"

And then I spaced out again.

All I ever hear from him is: "Yukiteru! Yukiteru!" I can't stand it! Just kiss him already or something.

Maybe I'm just jealous, but it is seriously pissing me off.

"- so what do you think." I was brought back to the real world again by the young detective. In a state of panic I quickly responded.

"Oh, sounds great!" I said, sarcasm and uncertainty slightly tainting my voice.

Time Skip~~

All Aru told me to do was stand by in case something bad happens. Ugh, he never gives me any responsibility anymore! Well, it's better than nothing... I guess.

I was doing what I was supposed to. Watching from the sidelines as Aru just talked and talked to Yukiteru. The only thing I found slightly intriguing was the fact he had killed Hinata, Kousaka, and Mao. It wasn't even really intrigue, honestly just pure, seething hatred towards him. How could he kill my only friends?! Well, I do still have Aru, but I don't think he's going to be paying much attention to me if this plan works out in his favor.

Being bored as all hell I sat back and went on the Internet on my phone.

A few minutes flew by and all I had heard was some more talking. Then I heard Yuno. I turned quickly as I could to see Yuno, standing below the two of them as Aru grabbed Yukiteru and kissed him, on the lips, glaring at Yuno. I was just kidding when I thought he should just kiss him. The world hates me. Maybe, it wasn't such a good idea to completely check out.

Yuno, being the obsessive girlfriend she is, screamed bloody murder and started to charge at the albino detective.

Even though the situation at hand was horrible I couldn't help, but feel a slight pain in my heart. Sure, this really isn't the time for school girl crushes and yes, I totally should have seen it coming. Even so, I can't help but feel the heart ache. It was quickly covered though. By fear. Fear for Aru.

I suddenly realized that in my daze I failed to notice that Aru was headed straight for Yuno. He looked like he knew what he was doing, but something seemed off. Why would Yuno just hold her diary out in the open like that.

That's was when I fulfilled what Aru had told me to do. I jumped in.

I grabbed a large pipe from the rubble and started dashing as fast as I could go to the pink haired psychopath. All I could hope was that I would make it before something happened to him.

Somehow reaching a speed I didn't think my body was capable of reaching, I was right behind Yuno, before she was even close to him. I mustered up all of my strength and lifted the rusty pipe above my head them swung it down. Letting gravity do most of the work, it cracked down on Yuno's head making her, sadly, still alive body go unconscious and hit the floor. The force of the pipe caused me to hit the rubble as well.

I looked up and saw Aru. He was giving me the strangest look. Confusion, surprise, and something else, undetectable by me, swirled around in his rose red eyes. Once he realized I caught him staring at him he wipped his head over to Yukiteru with a faint tint of pink grazing his cheeks.

"Yukiteru, now that Gasai is unconscious you can make your decision on what you will do with her," Aru explained looking up at him, his normal sly smile resting on his face as the pink faded," but remember what I said. She is planning kill you."

Aru turned back around and started towards me. He crouched down to my level and stared at me with his rose red eyes.

"(Y/n), why did you knock her out? I was about to break her diary." I looked down confused slightly at my own actions.

What if I was wrong. I would've ruined everything! All because of my stupidity and petty feelings towards him!

"I don't know. Something didn't feel right. Why would she have her diary out in plain sight in a fight where I could be broken. I know you said I really shouldn't get involved, but I couldn't let her kill you, Aru! Because beacuse..." I stuttered out, a red blushing mess, but my voice cut me short.

"'Because' what, (y/n)?"

"I-I, I love you! I always have! Through all these years... I know you love Yukiteru and want to protect him. You've always loved him and not me. That always made me really upset but I never gave up. I know you love him! I mean you just freaking kissed him you obviously-"

I couldn't speak anymore. Aru had kissed me cutting off all the words I was about to speak. A weight was lifted off me when I told him what I had been feeling, but I was not expecting this! I was shocked to say the least. My crush for all this time is kissing me. But wait... why? Aru pulls away and brushes a hand through my (h/l) (h/c) hair.

"I kissed Yukiteru to get Yuno angry. Deus said my love for Yukiteru was fake.If fact he said everything I have done was because he needed me to do it. Now that I have finally proved to him I am my own person. I want to do things by my own will, and I want to start with this." His lips met mine again, but this time I kissed back. When we both pulled away for air. Aru looked intently into my (e/c) eyes.

"I still want to protect Yukiteru, but

I love you, (y/n)"

_______a/n_______
Cute and cliché (my fav c's)
School is making it hard to update but I will try to push on!! It's just hard to get inspiration to write