Hide Nagachika x Reader

Back On Your Feet

Hide Nagachika x Sad! Reader

Tokyo Ghoul

/Requested by @jademichaelis/
___________

Death.

It's an unavoidable part of life that most people either live in fear of or chose not to think about.

I, for the past eighteen years of my life had been the latter of the two. Happily skipping through life, not being too serious, then it happened...

------------

There was a faint knock at the door. I closed the book I was reading and slowly trudged over to the door, sliding it open, revealing a tall man and a boy who was a little shorter than me with white shoulder length hair. When they noticed my presence the tall man looked at me apologetically while the younger one just looked off in his own world.

"Are you (y/n) (l/n)?" He asked looking at me, almost like he hoped I would say no.

"Ummm... yes. Why are you here?" I hesitantly asked nervously twirling a piece of my (h/l) (h/c) hair. The man looked down into my eyes.

"We... regret to inform you that your parents, (mom's/name) and (dad's/ name), ... have passed away." At those words I could feel my heart shatter. They were the only family I really had even if I did move out to live in the dorms at university. I had a couple friends sure, but could that really fill the space of a loving parent.

"H-how d-did it h-happen?" I questioned them.

"I'm sorry but we can't tell you." And with that they left me, no longer even seeing them in the long hallways of the dormitories. My legs suddenly gave out, unable to hold my now heavily sobbing form.

After I had just about cried myself dry I somehow pulled myself up and made my way to my bed.

'Death is unavoidable, so I should keep myself away from others. I don't want them to know how it feels to experience it first hand'

And with that thought, I decided.

'It's just me, myself, and I now'

-----------

~Hide's pov~

'And that makes a week.'

Ever since last week (y/n) hasn't been acting the same. She has been reserving herself and not talking to me. We've been friends since middle school, and she was always so carefree back then... What happened? Whatever it is, I will find out and I will fix it! I can't stand seeing her upset...

Class was slow as usual but it was finally over. I was about to make my was over to (y/n) when I saw a flash of (h/c) swish past me.

'She beat me out'

I sighed. She made it a lot harder to talk to her but that's not gonna stop me. I sprinted as fast as I could to her. The world around me turning to a blur as I slowly got faster and faster. I know she was headed to her dorm because that's the only place she goes nowadays. As I dashed down the never-ending hallway (y/n)'s room is on I saw her door slam shut.

'Well so much for catching up to her'

I still walked down the hall to her door. Enthusiastically, I banged my hand against the wooden door multiple time until I heard her faint footsteps making their way to the door I was currently waiting outside of. A tiny crack opened and I could barely see her but (y/n) slightly stuck her face through it. Her strangely tired (e/c) eyes bore into mine as she waited for my reason for visiting.