Kaneki Ken x Reader

Friends Forever...?

Kaneki Ken x Shy! Reader

Tokyo Ghoul

/Thank you again to @jademichaelis for requesting it/
_________
This whole mess first started when I met Kaneki a long time ago through my friend Hide. The first moment I met him my heart started beating so fast you couldn't even count it. Well, it's been a long time now and I can't help but have the same insane beating of my heart every time I see him. I really am not as close to him as most people would think. My only real friend is honesty probably Hide. Even after knowing Kaneki for so long I still am to afraid to say something wrong and make him hate me to strike up a conversation. Sure, we talk but not much. I'm not very good with people... they make me nervous.

Anyway, Hide told me that he was going with Kaneki to the coffee shop and asked me if I would like to go. I don't know why they are going but if I get to see Kaneki why not.

I got to the shop and saw Hide and Kaneki at a table having their orders taken by a girl about our age. I can't quite hear what they are saying but she just ran away and Kaneki doesn't look happy from what he said.

"Oh hey (y/n), over here!" Hide shouts over at me causing all eyes to go on me. I look down embarrassed from the attention and played with the hem of my shirt as I shuffled to the table.

"Hi, (y/n)," Kaneki says.

*thump thump*

'You never fail me heart, do you...?'

"We were just talking about how Kaneki-" Kaneki looked like he was about to blush to death from what Hide was about to say then the bell on the door ring silencing him.

"She's... the one," they both stood up and looked over. I turned to look at who he was talking about. She was beautiful. She had glasses, long purple hair, she was tall, and had eyes to match her hair. Kaneki stared at her starry-eyed with a very distinct blush in his face. Hide then sat down.

"Don't even go there. It'd be like beauty and the whatever with you guys."

'Oh no, that's what he meant by she the one. He wants to date her. I can't compete with her! Say something to not have him ask her out! Why do I feel so sad... I know I like Kaneki but why does this hurt so much?"

"(Y/n), are you ok? You're crying..." Hide asked me. 

"Oh I'm fine I just have something in my eye... Well I better be off...haha" I looked down and rushed out of the shop. It started to rain. There was a tree nearby so I stopped and sat under it letting all my tears fall. It was hard to tell though through all the rain.

"Oi, (y/n)!! What's goin' on with you!?" I could hear Hide's loud voice ask as he ran to me.

"Nothing... shouldn't you be at the shop...?"

"I left," Hide sat next to me,"What's goin' on with you?" I just looked at him and quietly cried. Hide comforted me until I was done.

"Are ya gonna tell me so I can fix it?"

"I don't think you can fix this..." I whispered out in my usual quiet tone.

"Hey, I can try!" He laughed and I sighed.

"Ok... ever since I've met Kaneki I've had a huge crush on him..." He looked surprised but then smiled wide.

"Well that's easy just tell him and then you will live happily ever after!"

"I can't do that..."

"Why not?"

"What if he rejects me? You know full well I can't handle that. I barely have any friends as is. I can't lose one over this."