Finny x Reader

Rose Thorns

Finny x Reader

Black Butler
___________
I am a former assassin currently working at the Phantomhive manor as a maid. I basically try to clean up the excessively large manor. Sebastian takes care of most of the work, though, so I get a lot of free time. I usually walk through the garden once I am done with the minimal amount of work the butler is willing to trust me with.

I walk out the doors to the extravagant garden and admire the beautiful black roses that are surrounded by the many others that are of vibrant colors.

"I didn't even think roses came in this color!" I say to myself as I lean closer to the bush of spiny roses. Suddenly I hear a loud voice yell.

"Look out!" I turn around just in time to see a giant white hound ram me right into the rose bush. I wince as I immediately feel all the thorns rip my (s/c) skin and little droplets of blood beginning to run down my arms.

"(Y/n)! Are you alright?" I hear as I see Finny run up to me with a look of worry on his adorable face.

"Well, I have thorns everywhere but, that will be nothing when Sebastian sees his favorite roses ruined." I reply with a large grin easing the blonde's worry.

"Do you need any help getting the thorns out?" Finny shyly asks a blush creeping up on his face.

"Sure. That would be nice." I say slowly rising out of the rose bush trying not to get anymore scratches.

Finny then brings me inside the castle to take care of my wound.

"Ok, (y/n) sit down and I'll go get the supplies." Finny says before rushing out of the room. I walk over to one of the chairs and wait.

"Good thing it was Finny who found me not Baldoy." I sigh.

'He probably would have tried to burn the rose bush with a flamethrower.'

I suppress a laugh at the thought, then the door opens jolting me out of my thoughts.

"(Y/n)! What happened?!" Mey-rin asks her voice going up an octave as the other maid rushes over to try to remove the thorns from my tangled (h/l) (h/c) hair.

"Pluto shoved me into a rose bush and Finny helped me back in. He should be back soon. He went off to go get something for the thorns that are still stuck in my person." I growl as she tugs on my hair trying to get out a particularly bad thorn.

"Finny! So are you two finally together yet?" Mey-rin asks with a smirk Sebastian would envy and stops messing with my hair. My face turns bright red

"WHAT?!" I shout and quickly turnaround before relishing that was a bad idea as a wave of pain goes through my body.

"(Y/n)! I've got the bandages and tweezers." Finny says as he walks in.

"Well, I'd better go." Mey-rin says and walks out of the room as I glare at her.

"(Y/n)?" Finny asks snapping me out of my glare as I turn to look at him.

"Yes, Finny?" I reply with a look of confusion. His face turns as red as a tomato and he fiddles with the bandages.

"Umm..(y-y/n) I have w-wanted to s-say this f-for a w-while..." Finny stammers. I look at him even more confused. Finny is usually shy but, this was a whole new level.

"Just say it Finny I'm sure-"

" I really like you (y/n)!" Finny shouts cutting me off. I freeze unable to comprehend what just happened, eventually the shock dissipates as I see Finny start frowning thinking my silence was rejection. I quickly find my voice.

"I like you too!" I shout.

"Really?" Finny asked the sad look getting replaced with an adorably hopeful look.

"Yes." I say and grin then he scoops me up into a surprise hug.

"Um...Finny I still have cuts all over." I awkwardly remind him.

"Oh! Sorry (y/n)." He backs away quickly looking down in embarrassment.

"No problem lets just get me bandaged up." I laugh.

"Ok!" He chirps and we start to take out any thorns and wrap up the cuts. After we finished I walk up to Finny and give him a small peck on the cheek.

"Thank you for helping me." I whisper and Finny gently wraps his arms around me. His face turns back to the color of a tomato and he smiles.

"No problem." We stay like this for only a second until we hear .

"(y/n)! Finny!" Being yelled from outside.