Makoto Tachibana x Reader

Payback Sucks!

Makoto Tachibana x Reader

Free!
____________
I'm one of them members of the track team and it sucks. My mom said that for my junior year in high school I should join a sport even though I'm about as athletic as a dying turtle. I suggested the swim team because my boyfriend is on it and all of the guys are really hot but my mom doesn't want me around a bunch of half naked guys all the time. I think it's a great idea... but whatever.

Anyway, the only thing that is worth being on the track team so far is we are having a haunted house. And not one of those half-assed ones. A real mother-effing terrifying haunted house. So I decided what it was done I could trick my boyfriend, Makoto, into going inside since he can be quite the pansy with these things.

I'm going to tell him it's just a fun house or something and have him go in. It's gonna be hilarious! I'll probably go in with him and watch his reactions. I know where all the scares will be anyway.

I got ready for bed smiling to myself evilly thinking of my plan.

The next morning I had everything planned perfectly in my head. I was going to have Haru take Makoto into the area on a walk and then I will invite Makoto into the "fun house". He will scream like a little girl and run out pulling me with and then I will laugh at him (and maybe give him a hug because he's so cute when he's terrified).

...

"So Haru, you in?"

"I don't know. Makoto is my friend and I don't see anything in this for me," Haru responded to my question sounding uninterested as usual.

"Fine, what if I give you some mackerel. I know it's you favorite~" I offered in a sing-songy voice. His eyes sparkled for a second in a way that most people would only when they are in love, and I smirked. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes..." Haru said looking back a the pool we were sitting by. I got up started to head home when I bumped into Makoto. He looked at me, smiled, and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Hey (y/n), I haven't seen you all day have you been avoiding me?" He laughed and I awkwardly laughed along. I had been avoiding him so I didn't give the plan away.

'Nows the time to use the lying skills'

I gave him a small small smile. "O-of course n-not," I said shakily. I could feel the smile on my face falter when I heard my own stuttering.

'I'm usually such a good liar!! I have failed myself!!'

"(Y/n), are you hiding something from me?" I could feel my heart beating faster. This prank was not being ruined!

"No."

"Well... ok. Do you want me to walk you home?"

"Sure." Makoto grabbed my hand and smiled down at me. I smiled back.

'He's letting this go too easily.'

Both of us walked in an awkward silence until we reached my house.

"Well bye Mako..." I have him a quick peck on the cheek and ran into my house. I just couldn't take how nervous lying to him made me and it made me feel more uneasy that he didn't press on about what was wrong. Makoto always knows when something's wrong with me. He also always want to figure out what it is and won't stop until he tries to fix it. It's in his kind nature I guess.

Needless to say that night I did not get as much sleep as I would've hoped.

The next morning I had to start setting up for the haunted house. It was all mainly decorating for me. More qualified people handled the mechanics but soon it was ready and the plan was starting.