Yato x Reader

Five Yen

Yato x Reader

Noragami

(Sorry if the logic in this isn't right)
_________
A long time ago, there were two countries rules by kings, and one king jealous of the others vast land declared war hoping to take it. Alas, it was not that simple. He started a war not to be won by either side, for their man power was too evenly matched until a God born from strong desires of destruction stepped in...

"Mom! I'm going to go and get more water, ok?" I shouted back to my mom, about to exit through the door of my house.

"Ok, just be back soon!"

"Got it!" With that I ran out of the house and explored. Sure I was going to get water however, I almost never get to leave the house because of all of the fighting going on outside. Suddenly, I noticed that I didn't recognize the trees surrounding me. Scared, I looked back to where I had come from.

'It doesn't even look slightly familiar.'

In the distance I could hear screams and cries.

'Is that my town?'

I headed towards the noises and was finally back to the small village, but it wasn't how I left it. Crimson covered bodies occupied the once beautiful green grass and the only living thing I saw was a man standing in the midst of the bodies.

He looked to be a young man. He had black hair that was tied up and a dark kimono on as well as holding a sword. I backed up slightly.

'He must've done this, but who is he?'

His head snapped up and he glared at me. His soulless, striking blue eyes bore into my soul. I took a couple more slow steps back before making a complete dash for the forest. He caught up quickly and was right on my heels when I sprinted faster. I gained some distance but ended up stopped by a high cliff.

'If I move one step I fall.'

*step*

I quickly turned around to see the man. He was still at a little bit of a distance but close enough for us to see each other clearly. I tried to step back to create more space but, I remembered the drop and stopped. Then I thought,

'There is no way for me to get out of this. He probably killed mom and dad too, but I don't want to die. I want to live for them!'

As all the thoughts swirled through my head, I could feel salty tears begin to spring from my eyes. He took another step forward, his eyes void of any know emotion.

"Please," I whispered out,"I don't want to die."

He just stared at me.

"I-I I want to live!" I shouted out while wiping all of the stray tears off my face.

His normally emotionless eyes widened and he lowered his sword slightly.

"There may be no chance, but I don't want my life cut short!"

He dropped his weapon and took a step, but bring surprised by the movement I stepped back forgetting about the cliff. Then I fell.

I closed my eyes and waited for the impact and it came but, it was not nearly as bad as it should have. I stood up from the fall and looked at my surroundings. What I did not expect was to see my body extremely hurt and broken on the ground. I screamed loudly at the sight. Then the man appeared in front of me. He pointed at me.

"Your soul is showing," he said. I followed his finger to see what he was pointing at only to see a tail.

"Why do I have a tail and why is my body there!"

"It seems you are stuck between the near and far shore and as for your body, the wounds seem fatal so you'll probably be stuck like this forever."

"Wait you mean I died!"

"Sort of, but your 'tail' there is still keeping you tethered to this world do as long as it isn't severed you could live forever."

Confused with all new information I started to get dizzy. The man must have noticed because he picked me up before I could even fall.

"Thank yo-"

"Yato."

"Huh?"

"My name is Yato." The man told me. I don't know why but, I started to blush.

"Thank you, Yato. My name is (y/n)." I sleepily said to him feeling like I would pass out any minute.

"(Y/n)..."

Just as I was about to pass out I noticed something.

'Smells nice...'

Than the world went black.

-----years later-----

"Yatooooo!!!!"

"What!!!!"

"You got a job!!"

"Ok!!"

Yato came rushing down the stair along with his shinki, Yukine.

Ever since I met Yato that day we have always been together. He admired my will to live even when it was impossible. I've been helping him get jobs and living with him through thick and thin.

They rushed out the door and Yato gave me a quick smile before closing the door. I could feel my stomach tie into knots.

'Why does this always happen when I'm near Yato. It always has. I swear to God he better not be making me sick!'

Ever since what happened all those years ago, I've become used to the form I'm in and it's not too bad. The only thing is ever since I've been with Yato, whenever he is near me I get this weird feeling.

'Maybe I'll just ask him about it.'

I went on my normal daily routine until I felt it was the right time for me to call Yato.

"What is it (y/n)? You almost never call me."

"Ummm... I need your help with something can you come over?"

"Yea, I'll just get Yuki-"

"No! I mean it's not a lot of work so don't bother him."

Within seconds Yato was right in front of me. In fact he was so close our noses were almost touching.

"So what's the problem? I promise it wasn't me who took your money! I swear!" Yato shouted with a toothy grin on his face. I could feel my face heat up.

"Yato, can I ask you something?"

"What?" He asked meeting my (e/c) eyes with his intense, icy blue eyes.

"Well, whenever I get near you I get all nervous and I feel like I'm gonna throw up. In fact it's been going on since I met you! I think you're making me sick!" After I finished my short rant Yato had a shocked expression on his face which was quickly replaced with a sly smirk. Slightly scared, I back up a little only to be stopped short by a wall behind me.

"I think I can help you with that." He said getting closer and twirling my (h/l) (h/c) hair between his fingers.

"Really! Please do!" I beamed up at him.

"Your wish has been heard loud and clear." And with those words Yato's lips connected with mine. Slowly I started to kiss back, my mind blank of all thoughts except for,

'Smells nice'

He put his arms around me pulling me closer to him and my hands traveled up to his neck, running my hands through his black hair. Then he pulled away, still touching his forehead against mine. I grinned at him and he gave me one of his goofy smiles back.

"That'll be 5 yen!"